GE Renewable Energy’s CMO search
Steve’s breakdown: GE Renewable Energy is on the lookout for a new CMO so if you’re in the market for a Green client, help them fill the position.
The job description in below.
SAN RAMON, CA: We are looking for a product marketing executive to join our team who will drive commercial strategy, awareness, and market adoption of GE’s growing portfolio of Industrial Internet software and services solutions.
In this role you will:
- Drive awareness, adoption, and profitability for a diverse portfolio of new Industrial Internet software and software enabled services
- Work in a matrixed organization to coordinate with product managers and other stakeholders across GE software businesses to define go-to-market strategy and execute marketing programs for a broad portfolio of industrial internet solutions in verticals such as aviation transportation, energy generation and distribution, manufacturing & healthcare.
- Develop a global commercial plan to support the full product lifecycle, from inception to launch and profitability
- Develop customer-facing positioning, including value propositions and competitive differentiation
- Marketing strategy & planning, Marketing communications, customer insights generation, campaign management, lead/demand generation, and event management
- Work with development teams, sales, partners, and research analysts to define and implement the optimal go-to-market strategy, including distribution and consumption / pricing models, sales enablement and related commercial metrics
- Evangelize GE’s technology vision and business value propositions and contribute to global Industrial Internet marketing activities
- Lead business development plans and execution, and develop competitive intelligence /Software & analytics M&A
- Lead strategy development / Growth playbook development – Lead the development of 3 year digital strategy (PM, Technology, Marketing, commercial, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, technology or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 8 years in software or services product management or product / solutions marketing
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in creating compelling marketing strategy & planning, campaigns that drive awareness and demand. Including lead gen/demand generation, marketing communications, campaign & event management
- Industrial internet experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience customer support / customer engagement strategy
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in business development & strategy development
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Master’s Degree (MBA)
- Creative marketer who thrives at the intersection of business value, technology, and innovation
- Proven experience managing all aspects of product launches, marketing strategy & planning. Business development & strategy development
- Knowledge of enterprise software and services business models including licensing, subscription, channels, and cloud consumption models
- Outstanding communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate to all levels and/or audiences
- Previous experience in working in a highly matrixed, complex environment
- Passionate about technology
- Knowledge of big data, analytics, and industrial internet technologies