Syneron Candela seeks new CMO
Steve’s breakdown: Syneron Candela is a leading global aesthetic device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. They spend around $44 million to Doctors/Patients so this is no slouch of a client. Their number is 949-716-6670 and the email formula is (First name Last initial @syneron.com)
Below is the CMO job description.
WAYLAID, MA: The Chief Marketing Officer, North America, reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer of North America. The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will be primarily in charge of creating Syneron Candela’s North American marketing strategy that will build the company brand resulting in increased sales and profitability and brand awareness among our target audience. In addition to these tasks, another key element of this effort will be to connect the company with its customers, helping Syneron Candela become a more customer centric organization that derives significant revenue from both capital equipment sales and from services and consumables (“Recurring Revenue”).
Primary responsibilities of the CMO are to increase the level of sales, develop marketing strategies, and implement these strategies by constantly communicating with other departments. The CMO leads teams of experts in market research and market communication (advertising and promotion), makes suggestions and offers solutions to improve the company’s presence in the market. The CMO is responsible for overseeing advertising activities that demonstrate what the brand can do for the customer, and for ensuring that the promise delivered by a given ad is realized in the eyes of the customer. In addition, the CMO is always up to speed with any new information and acts rapidly in order to align the company to market demand.
The CMO periodically reports to the CEO and presents his or her ideas or strategies. Most often, the CMO has the task of convincing other executives in following or adopting a certain course of action. A CMO’s task is to deliver immediate and tangible results, so he or she should be accountable for every action. The CMO will face difficult challenges in doing so, both externally and internally, and must be prepared to handle these challenges and find creative solutions.
- The CMO will oversee many different areas related to the marketing function, including people management, agency management, strategic brand planning, input to product development, pricing, marketing communications, channel marketing and digital and social media and will have a solid foundation in each of these areas.
- Will effectively mine the Company’s existing database to increase the lifetime values of its current customers, as well as how to implement strategies to profitably grow the target audience to drive the Company’s top line revenue.
- The CMO is responsible for the oversight of several marketing functions and must have a broad range of skills that enables him or her to quickly switch from analytical to creative tasks.
- Develop metrics and goals for reporting marketing funnel performance.
- Dramatically increase market share for a company that is participating in a fast growth, multi-billion dollar industry.
- Lead and manage consolidation and management of data sources into a real-time intelligence platform.
- Manage quantitative research efforts across teams and external vendors including market analysis and segmentation, campaign effectiveness, attributions and forecasting.
- Determine the set of tools, automation, and processes needed to scale marketing analytics with business growth.
- Clearly communicate key findings and insights and provide clear, concise perspective.
- Oversee Online Properties. This includes the design and implementation of robust online interfaces with the customer to enhance the quality and frequency of dialogue with existing and potential customers, and ultimately to drive revenue.
- Design, test and implement proactive strategies to acquire and retain customers, including creative ways to introduce customers to the differentiated products and services.
(Other key points to consider):
- Building and managing a team. CMO will be responsible for a team of 8-10 people that will include a Vice President, Marketing Managers and key Marketing support functions,
- Marketing efforts will include both trade channel marketing (e.g. how to work with medical professionals to get them to market to their patients and build their practices), as well as Direct-to-Consumer Marketing (designing targeted DTC programs in high volume geographies to build awareness of the Syneron Candela product brands and treatment procedures)
- Interaction with Sales Division Presidents overseeing the Body and Aesthetics product lines. These will be critical relationships and partners in driving the business forward
- Interaction with the Corporate Chief Brand Officer and his or her team, to align North American strategy with overall company objectives and to ensure appropriate resourcing and ownership of budgets and initiatives
- The CMO will be required to travel between the Irvine, CA and Wayland, MA sites approximately 25% of the time and travel to our Global Headquarters in Israel approximately. 2-3 times per year. In addition, travel to certain North American society meetings and congresses will be required.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience in Aesthetic Device, Medical Device or Pharma.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Master’s degree preferred. Strong knowledge of finance, sales, and service.
- Ability to craft compelling stories and communicate them with target audiences
- Experience/familiarity with digital marketing?
- Experience managing direct marketing, loyalty/trade up programs strongly preferred
- Strong awareness and respect for popular culture, media and trends
- Data-oriented and relentless in pursuit of better ROI
- Knowledge and demonstrated leadership, development, mentoring and support for reports and staff, and perform ongoing resource assessments and organizational development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a capital equipment environment preferable, ideally where there has also been a consumable/recurring revenue component of the business
- Ability to work on project teams including cross-functional collaboration and negotiation.