Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill: Time to Jump
2) Now they’re looking for a new CMO
3) Plus, the parent company, Sun Capital, also owns Friendly’s, Johnny Rockets, Boston Market and a few more brands you’d like to pitch.
The CMO job description is below which, as always, serves as a great road map to their marketing plans.
ORLANDO, FL: Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill is an exciting and innovative restaurant company where our mission, simply put, is to be “The favorite choice for food, drinks, and fun”. At Smokey Bones we pride ourselves on celebrating the independent spirit and individuality of our team members and our guests. We provide a memorable dining experience in an upbeat environment that is fueled by the passion of our team. We are currently seeking leaders who want to be a part of this growing and exciting brand.
The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for directing and Igniting the passion that drives the Smokey Bones brand. The successful candidate will be responsible for strategic marketing plans designed to drive comparable sales and restaurant profitability. He/she will do this by channeling the energy, creativity and uniqueness of our brand to bring creative and out of the box solutions to our Marketing strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the leadership team, be the driving force in defining the direction and strategic priorities of the company.
- Develop annual marketing plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational fiscal commitments.
- Execute on Brand development and securely positioning the Brand as the casual diner’s “favorite choice for food drinks and fun”.
- Lead the development and continuous execution of the mission and vision of the brand.
- Oversee and direct market research, competitor analyses and customer service and retention monitoring processes and initiatives.
- Lead all aspects of marketing, including online,( Email and Social Media), as well as offline (PR, Radio, TV, Print, Channel)
- Build and lead a marketing team that heightens the brand and message, creates effective marketing programs, generates guest count growth, and drives sales results and market penetration.
- Drive the development and launch of new initiatives that enhance business results as a result of market and industry predictive analytics.
- Provide market insight and industry awareness to help guide the company through changing competitive landscapes.
- Ensure appropriate tracking and measurement mechanisms are in place to assess results of projects. Monitor and communicate project results and plans to members of the Executive team and appropriate business stakeholders.
- Develop a roadmap to drive customer loyalty and enhancements to our marketing strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business, MBA preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of marketing experience with significant leadership experience.
- Restaurant or Hospitality experience
- Demonstrated leadership in marketing communications including production of collateral, print and online communications, and public relations management.