We have a Midwestern Sr Dir of Biz Strategy & Dev job opening
ANN ARBOR, MI: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Strategically grow agency revenue and profit by leveraging our relevant experience, talent and capabilities to selectively prospect, cultivate and retain mutually beneficial client relationships.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Lead the management team in the articulation of an agency position that; clearly communicates the business value we create for clients, is compelling, differentiated, authentic and relevant to our target prospects.
- Develop and direct implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan for the agency including,
- Definition of priority target segments/prospects
- Marketing goals, objectives, strategies, metrics
- Annual tactical plan
- Annual budget
- Lead awareness generating initiatives including the development of our written thought-leadership content: research studies, white papers, blog posts, social media posts, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Evaluate and adjust new business strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
LEAD GENERATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Identify and help to develop strategic relationships with potential clients, clients and referral sources. Oversee business development initiatives and guide them from the opportunity lead phase through the contract phase.
- Ensure a well organized, efficient and effective process for generating, evaluating and responding to new business opportunities.
- Maintain our CRM (Workamajig), ensuring that all prospect contacts are documented and all materials are archived (Dropbox).
- Develop a lead generation plan to identify, nurture and convert high quality prospects.
- Develop and implement an outbound prospecting program with measurable metrics such as:
- Prioritized target list
- Outbound communications (email, digital, direct) schedule and goals
- Prospect inquiries, leads, conversion goals
- Qualify inbound opportunities/RFPs for fit, determine whether to participate, collaborate with key internal stakeholders on deliverables, interface with prospective clients, and create written RFP responses.
- Lead the development and presentation of new client strategies and agency presentations.
- Run the pitch process from start-to-finish, including assessing initial opportunities, collaborating with key internal stakeholders on pitch deliverables, interfacing with prospective clients, and creating written RFP responses.
- Work closely with agency department leads to develop proposal and pitch materials, including case studies, initial POVs on prospective clients’ businesses, strategic presentations, and all written components of a proposal.
- Maintain and update our library of templates, case studies, questionnaire responses, capabilities presentations and final pitch presentations.
- Maintain ongoing communications with prospective clients.
- At the core of any great creative or communications plan is a sound strategy. We will look to the Senior Director of Business Strategy and Development for a disciplined and methodical approach to understanding of our client’s challenges and goals and provide real-world solutions that cut through the clutter and engage consumers at every point of contact.
- Assess client prospect needs and develop a recommended strategic approach to deliver impactful marketing solutions to help achieve their business goals.
- Support the account team by providing sound, innovative, strategic leadership and initiatives for existing clients as needed. Identify opportunities from growth from existing clients.
- Oversee secondary and primary research initiatives for prospective and current clients providing meaningful insights to internal team members.
- Ensure that each client’s customer journey has been documented and plans built that address every point of contact between the client and the customer.
- Be responsible for conducting annual agency client satisfaction surveys or outreach.
- Establish and achieve agreed upon performance measures such as:
- Increase in agency awareness and inbound inquiries
- Number of contacts per month
- Number of active qualified leads
- New client revenue growth (sales)
- Increase organic growth
- Client satisfaction reports completed
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Business
- 10+ years strategy and/or sales experience with an agency
- Understanding of branding, marketing, finance and business processes
- Familiarity with traditional and digital media (including social)
- Experienced in designing and analyzing primary research including transactional data
- Confirmed and proven record of closing accounts
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to travel required
- Grit: entrepreneurially spirited, passionate, resourceful, motivated, hard working and committed.
- Emotionally intelligent: mature, self-aware, confident yet humble.
- You must love to network at community and industry events and be equally comfortable with conducting research, responding to Request for Proposals (RFP) and making cold calls to potential clients.