Indiana Tourism Account in Play
Steve’s breakdown: The budget stands around $1.7 million but I think if the right campaign came around, they would up that number; especially when boarding states have seen tax revenues to tourism spending ratios as high as 10 to 1. Proposals are due March 23rd and all the documentation can be found here.
INDIANAPOLIS, IN: The vision is for Indiana to be a top leisure visitor destination in the Midwest, with growth in leisure travel annually exceeding its competitive set.
In order to achieve this goal, IOTD must communicate with many audiences including consumers in Indiana and surrounding states, trade, media and tourism organizations, businesses statewide and elected and government officials. To reach these markets and audiences, IOTD focuses on program areas including consumer marketing campaigns, tourism research and product development programs.
IOTD seeks the support of a marketing communication agency to create and implement the above communication activities. This will include seasonal/annual advertising direction (including online), email marketing, social media, promotional campaigns, as well as supporting collateral materials. Primary projects include the production of seasonal advertising campaigns, website design and maintenance (including SEO management) and potentially two publications. All marketing programs require research-based strategies and return-on-investment tracking.
Some of the responsibilities of the selected respondent will include:
- Account supervision, management and coordination
- Strategic planning and research supervision, as well as sound long-term marketing consultation
- Creative concept execution
- Online media planning, negotiation, buying and optimization
- Print advertising, collateral, communications materials, multi-page guidebook design, copywriting and production on a quality and creative level that is competitive in domestic markets
- Display graphics and production
- Coordination of corporate marketing partnership arrangements, which may include relationships with other agencies
- Email marketing strategy and design
- Supplier contract supervision (see below) as well as complex client budgeting and financial management
- Brand supervision and direction
- Management of direct response advertising, tracking studies and strategic planning
- Maximize IOTD’s efforts to increase private revenue