Sexual harassment turns into CMO search: Mall Retail
Steve’s breakdown: Signet has had it’s problems as you can see by our reporting below from February. Whether or not the CMO just bailed is not known but now they’re looking for a replacement. You help them do that – and You Will Get The Account. The job post/description is also below.
SIGNET’S CMO JOB POST: The Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer will lead brand management, public relations and marketing across Signet’s portfolio of retail brands. This person will serve as a member of Signet’s Executive Committee. He or she will be accountable for supporting the growth of Signet’s brands and bringing to life experiences across all customer touch points, creating a differentiated experience for each brand.
The successful candidate will focus on continuing the development of sophisticated customer segmentation strategies, creating differentiation and minimizing cannibalization across the brands. In addition, this executive will be charged with driving innovation and new product brands under each distinct retail banner. This will be accomplished by partnering effectively across merchandising, operations, Omni-channel, supply chain and other key stakeholders, ensuring that marketing continues to be viewed as an indispensable resource in driving strong financial results, and inspiring cross-functional teams to think and act with the customer in mind.
The ideal candidate must have experience leading teams, performing sophisticated customer insight work and data analytics that leads to ROI-based results, and utilizing network broadcast, digital marketing and social media tools to deliver sustainable financial results. He or she will have a strong grasp of modern marketing tactics, leading to a holistic Omni-channel approach at Signet.
- Fifteen years of brand management or marketing experience with a best-in-class retail/multi-unit, consumer service, digital, CPG and/or multi-billion dollar business. Would consider supplementing with at least five years in a senior executive position.
- Sophisticated data analytics and CRM skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage sophisticated customer insights, segmentation data and other analytics to deliver effective CRM efforts, either through direct supervision of these functions or effective partnering with agencies.
- Digital/E-commerce business and marketing acumen
- Experience in an Omni-channel environment where the use of customer data and insights is at the forefront of driving customer acquisition, retention and engagement strategies on digital and social platforms.
- Creative skill set
- Strong demonstrated skills in leading creative development projects that yield quantifiable market results.
- Media buying experience
- Sophisticated media buying experience is helpful, particularly with broadcasting networks and cable networks, as well as all other media channels.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is required; an M.B.A. is preferred.