DukeNet seeks CMO: Could be powerful way into Duke Energy
Steve’s breakdown: We’ve added a new “News Category” today: “Seeks new CMO”. We did this because new CMOs can mean opportunity down the road for ad shops. And, if you can help find them a new CMO, that one giant foot-in-the-door.
Plus DukeNet is part of Duke Energy and that’s an even bigger door
CHARLOTTE, NC: DukeNet Communications, LLC is a regional communications service provider headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. Since its inception in 1994, DukeNet has grown its carrier class next generation network to serve enterprise, wholesale, wireless and data center customers across the Southeast. As a facility based communications service provider, DukeNet is expanding its portfolio of products and services to effectively compete in new market adjacencies. As the company develops advanced Ethernet and managed services for its customers, DukeNet is looking for a results-oriented leader to develop marketing, branding, product marketing, and training strategies.
Position Description and Responsibilities
The Director of Marketing and Training is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing and communications strategy that supports our revenue and growth objectives and enhances brand awareness, and preference for DukeNet products and services. This position has the following functional responsibilities to drive market share in current and new market segments:
- Marketing Communications-P&L responsibility for creative strategy and development. This includes branding, lead generation, product marketing, research & customer segmentation
- Sets the strategy for internal and external corporate communications that includes PR/Media relations, White Papers and Social Media. Develop media road map that includes key industry events per vertical, seminars, webinars, and speaking engagements that increases DukeNet’s visibility in the marketplace
- Lead and develop the creative strategy for DukeNet. Demonstrate a proven track record working with agencies to develop company brand, product positioning, and messaging in the telecom/data communications market segment. Experience in media buying (print, radio, web, & tv) will be preferred
- Formulate a lead generation strategy that includes acquisition and retention touch points (examples include direct mail campaigns targeting 100+ employees, search engine campaign/social media channels)
- Create Product Marketing Programs to accelerate the launch of new DukeNet services.
- Assess marketing requirements for all products
- Develop and execute marketing programs to drive awareness, and adoption for new products
- Ability to work cross functionally with engineering, operations, service delivery, and finance to articulate product differentiation, strategy, and customer value in the marketplace
- Develop Sales Proposal tools, vertical marketing playbooks, & marketing material to support the direct and indirect sales channels
- Experience directing, developing and supporting indirect and sell through programs that include agents, resellers, VARs, & consultants.
- Research and Customer Segmentation-analyze, assess, and interpret brand tracking research, competitive market intelligence (company, products, and services in the footprint), and segmentation studies to validate DukeNet’s market share
- Lead the sales training & people development at all levels in the sales organization
- Develop on-boarding program and product certification for account managers, account executives, and sales managers
- Measure training participation and performance (job evaluations oral or written)
- Demonstrated success managing and using external training organizations focused on enterprise sales channels to increase sales, productivity, & consultative selling techniques.
- Execute with the cross functional groups on product training, and product playbooks
- Manage all lead generation and event campaigns. Work with finance on ROI models vs. budget
- Responsible for sales contest monthly and quarterly to drive selling behavior. Experience running annual sales incentive contests and tracking performance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years in management roles within the telecommunications or a data technology vertical coupled with recent experience leading and directing the marketing function.
- Proven track record managing a marketing budget and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated success creating new branding and marketing campaigns for a regional or national telecommunications service provider
- Experience working with and managing agencies/third party marketing relationships based on acquisition and retention strategies
- Formulate lead generation and targeted marketing campaigns utilizing a CRM tool such as Sales Force
- Create enterprise sales training modules based on penetrating large customer and Fortune 2000 customer segments
- Experience leading internal and external training development that includes on-line sales modules, product & service certification, portal development (direct and indirect), and outside vendor selection
- Experience integrating data (i.e. Harte Hankes, InfoUSA, and D&B) for targeted marketing campaigns
- Strong analytical skills as it relates to market research and customer segmentation
- Marketing MBA is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of marketing to large and enterprise customer segments
- Proven track record creating and executing new brand and product strategies in a start up environment
- Experience in search engine optimization methodologies
- Previous product marketing success based on competitive product, pricing, and service offering differentiators
- Demonstrated success meeting or exceeding marketing KPIs
- Experience formulating corporate communications policies internally and externally
- Profit and Loss responsibility managing marketing and communications budgets for a medium sized telecommunications organization
- Energetic self-starter with strong evidence of professionalism and thought leadership
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Expertise in Excel and in-house reporting tools
- Expertise utilizing CRM tools
Incumbent must be able to complete all the basic duties of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. These requirements include:
- Ability to operate office environment equipment (i.e. PC, telephone, etc.)
- Ability to clearly communicate via written and verbal means.
Qualified candidates please apply here: Dir of Marketing & Training