Help fill this Uber position, win a client
Steve’s breakdown: We’ve said for year is you can help a client fill a marketing position, there’s a good chance you’ll get the account. This one is for UberEats
The job description is below.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA: Company Description
Uber Eats is the food delivery brand within Uber and launched as its own app in December of 2015. Just over two years later, we’ve partnered with over 100,000 restaurants in over 200 cities to deliver food around the world. Uber has become part of the logistical fabric of the world – whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it.
As the Global Director of Marketing Strategy, you will report directly to the Global Head of Marketing and oversee a team of marketing strategists responsible for leading brand management, strategic leadership, team collaboration and functional excellence for the Uber Eats brand team.
This role will lead planning and development for our long-term strategy, integrated marketing plans and partnerships across the globe to fuel brand awareness, affinity, demand and connection with our target audiences (eaters, restaurants and couriers) – driving significant bottom-line and category position results for Uber Eats.
- Plan and create industry leading marketing to drive brand awareness, affinity and demand for the Uber Eats brand, globally.
- Serve as the ultimate ambassador of consumers within the organization – creating and cultivating a deep connection between eaters, couriers and restaurants and the Uber Eats Brand.
- Lead the planning and development of a long-term strategic vision for the Uber Eats brand.
- Lead a marketing offense, through a consumer-centric lens, to impact Uber Eats business growth.
- Lead the integrated marketing offense, responsible for delivering both annual and seasonal direction to a virtual team of global marketing functions & regional marketing teams.
- Oversee integrated and cohesive execution of Uber Eats launches and campaigns.
- Ensure the consumer & our product are at the forefront of all strategic planning and execution.
- Build strong partnerships with the global marketing functions, creative partners and regional marketing colleagues as well as operations, product, support, sales and PR teams to deliver the ultimate Uber Eats experience.
- Recruit, manage and develop best-in-class talent, building a world class team, structure and processes from an early stage.
- 10+ years experience as a marketing leader driving exceptional results.
- Expertise within complex, global consumer marketing organizations.
- Strong understanding of the consumer (eaters, restaurants and couriers) and ability to connect with them through a cultural lens.
- A strategic leader with deep understanding of organizational effectiveness and a champion of efficiency.
- Experience recruiting, managing and developing best-in-class talent and building high-performing, collaborative teams in a high growth environment.
- An energy giver with a positive outlook and the ability to influence the direct team, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions.
- A natural team player, with a strong track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership.
- A passion for creating structure and overcoming organizational inertia.
- Very strong analytical skills with the ability to promptly establish priorities and communicate expectations.
- High emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Experience and acumen to balance the subjective and analytical nature of the marketing work.