Rockin’ Jump seeks CEO of the Marketing dept
Steve’s breakdown: This gym/playhouse/sports arena where you can literally jump off the walls looks poised for big growth. With only 20 locations mostly in the west, taking this concept nationwide would be a great thing to jump onto.
SAN JOSE, CA: Working at ROCKIN’ JUMP is unlike any other work opportunity you will find. We’re not a gym, yet we provide a strenuous workout environment where you can help people young and old get into shape. We’re not your typical type of playhouse for children, yet our visitors have more fun than they’ve ever had at a public venue. We’re not a sports arena, yet we offer league play and the opportunity for you to show our guests how to let out their inner Michael Jordan. And we’re not a rigid schoolyard where our guests can’t try out some crazy acrobatics, yet we rely on out staff to ensure everyone knows their limits and plays as safely as possible.
In fact, safety is a serious part of our business and we expect all our staff to have the maturity and confidence required to step in and stop guests of all ages from endangering themselves and the people around them.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will be the CEO of our Marketing Department. As CMO, you are a strategic visionary who can lead a team to new heights and is eager to push the boundaries of traditional marketing ideas/practices. The CMO has ownership of all marketing efforts throughout the organization, including but not limited to: grassroots, online/web, social media, community outreach, print, broadcast and referral-based programs. The CMO charts the course for the company’s marketing efforts and works directly with all departments as well as individual franchisees and locations to identify and implement campaign strategies. This person will report directly to the CEO and other stakeholders to ensure that the overall vision and roadmap is clear and in alignment with the company’s culture and direction. This person will be accountable for reporting marketing campaign progress and results to the owners at both the corporate and franchise levels. You should thrive in an entrepreneurial team environment and enjoy a fun, creative work atmosphere.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being the voice of the market by determining the right brand positioning and the glue that holds the different parts of the company together behind our promise.
- Responsible for growing sales through inbound/outbound calls, creative marketing and a can-do attitude
- Be a role model for the company culture
- Responsible for shaping the company’s public profile
- Responsible for implementing franchise marketing intranet
- In charge of marketing budget with the need and ability to control and reduce costs.
- Be the champion of the overall guest experience – from online to being in the park.
- Be able to analyze marketing data so that the business can observe and react in the moment like humans do.
- Contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range goals, recommending options and executing deliverables. Provide Strategic planning, including corporate positioning in the market,
- Oversee marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, street team materials, trade shows, seminar and events collateral materials, and website design and content for social platforms
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
- Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for on-site collateral.
- Defining and tracking metrics to assess effectiveness of all digital marketing programs
- Overseeing the Marketing team in the successful execution of: digital marketing, advertising campaigns; social media; and internal and external communications.
- Successfully managing the Marketing Department to include hiring, orienting, training, setting goals, coaching, tracking performance, etc
- Be able to rise above departments in the company and think holistically about the company’s overall value proposition by integrating messages and insights across geographies.
- Obtain market share by developing new marketing plans and programs for each location
- Maintain relations with guests by organizing and developing specific customer value programs.
- Establish a best in class web presence that drives sales, supports future growth and increase brand awareness
- Help develop programs with quantifiable objectives to measure results
- Develop, measure and track key metrics around the business including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and repeat visits, Track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities.
- Act as spokesperson for the company with press and at industry events.
- Develop strategic alliances with vendor partners
- Optimize marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Provide short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Influence present and future products by determining and evaluating current and future market trends.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Create and implement regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g. Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, Facebook contests etc.).
- Work alongside content marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
- Work with Buxton database and internal POS (will train).
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions and achieve success.
- Complete marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employee projects and following up on completion.
- Grow our subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, sales professionals, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Develop marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7 + years marketing experience in comparable industries with 2 years in a senior management position.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage often outsourced marketing activities (PR, Social Platforms, website, etc.)
- Experience in choosing, deploying, and using marketing and sales applications.
- Substantial experience working with business and industry press.
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive) strategy.
- Extremely effective public speaking skills and presence.
- Must be able to “Carry the message to Garcia”
NOTE: Interested candidates must forward a cover letter with salary requirements to lorraine@rockinjumpcom and complete an ONLINE application by clicking on: http://apps.rockinjump.com/ea/usa/