Teleflora needs a CMO to deliver
Steve’s breakdown: The Super Bowl ad they ran this year with Adriana Lima might be the reason they are looking for someone new. I’m just sayin’
LOS ANGELES, CA: Teleflora is the world’s leading flower delivery service connecting customers with the nation’s best local florists for more than 75 years. All of Teleflora’s flower arrangements are artistically arranged and hand-delivered in keepsake vases using only the freshest flowers available through its member florist network. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Teleflora has over 16,000 member florists throughout the U.S. and Canada, with an additional 20,000 affiliated florists outside North America. Through its extensive member florist network, Web sites including www.teleflora.com and www.findaflorist.com, and its toll-free line 1-800-TELEFLORA, the company offers consumers fast, convenient and high-quality flowers and keepsake products.
Teleflora has a challenging position for a dynamic and energetic Chief Marketing Officer in our West LA Corporate offices. This is a key role and opportunity for a business savvy Marketing executive to, build and guide strategic direction by proactively driving all marketing initiatives.
The Chief Marketing Officer will play an influential role within the company’s senior management team, charged with providing both strategic leadership and hands-on, tactical execution of the company’s marketing efforts in order to drive growth plans. The position drives all online commerce and will have P&L responsibility. The position oversees the development and execution of all marketing elements and the successful Marketing leader will balance vision and creative thinking with analytical rigor and a commitment to meet financial goals.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Brand & Marketing Strategy – Develop Marketing strategy that both supports, and is aligned with, the long-term, strategic plan for Teleflora. Ensure annual planning is linked with critical business needs.
- Ecommerce – Full P&L management for Teleflora.com, the Teleflora Web Hosting business and Partner Marketing. Based on the strategic positioning and value proposition associated with the assets of Teleflora, manage and drive ecommerce and online marketing across all digital platforms.
- Insights & Research – Provide direction and planning advice for all qualitative and quantitative research, as well as back-end analytical support and business recommendations, based on findings and key consumer insights.
- Product Development Management: Oversee the development of new products, enhance current portfolio to meet seasonal trends and work closely with New Product Development Team to bring new products to market.
- Marketing Communications & Activation – Working in conjunction with internal and external constituents, help lead the development of relevant & compelling big ideas and hard-hitting Marketing plans and provide guidance that delivers flawless execution in-market.
- Brand Positioning – Based on thorough customer and competitor research, collaborate in the ongoing optimization of the Teleflora brand to ensure the brand is optimally positioned in the market, and to strategically unlock additional growth opportunities over time.
Critical Operating Relationships
- National Sales leadership and field sales staff
- Internal support team (Fire Station agency, legal, HR, consulting)
- External partners
- 10-15 years of marketing leadership experience with minimum of 5 in an online consumer business including heavy ecommerce, online partnerships and digital marketing
- BA degree/MBA highly preferred
- Complete marketing mix experience – Online, Advertising, Media, Promotions and PR.
- Must have new product development experience
- Blend of agency and client experience ideal.
- Strategic positioning experience, ideally in an aggressive, ever changing environment.
- Proven track record of developing and mentoring staff.
Skill Set/Personality Traits
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Committed to the larger goal of building a great culture/company
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in a complex, extremely fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and also execute with excellence
- Self-driven to achieve goals; high energy level is essential, strong, dedicated work ethic
- Resourceful; creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Team player; ability to influence/collaborate across functional teams and beyond the company itself
- Attention to detail; action-oriented and willingness to be hands-on