Estee Lauder might need one of your contacts
Steve’s breakdown: The brand is Clinique and the position they seek to fill is Executive Director, Global Marketing, Clinique.
Know someone? I know you do. Anyway, if you can get this brand to do more than take photos of their bottles in the next campaign, there will be dancing at 767 Fifth Avenue!!
Here’s the job descrip . . .
NEW YRK, NY: PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES:
The Executive Director will support in defining strategic objectives for the Colour segments (Lip, Eye, Cheek, and Trend). Develop and foster a strong 24 month rolling calendar and 3 to 5 year strategic plan, keeping with the overall global category and brand objectives, to grow the assigned business segments. Responsible for creating action plans and successfully executing on defined objectives to grow the assigned segments. Consistently deliver successful products and programs on timeand in budget. Collaborate with Regional marketing teams to ensure their local priorities are met and fit with Global Strategy. Posses strong cross functional leadership with Product Development, Packaging Design, Creative and Global Brand Supply Chain. Manage, train, and develop the marketing expertise of direct and indirect reports.
- Supports developing Global Marketing calendars and support programs; responsible for gaining approval for assigned segment programs and projects.
- Responsible for managing the conception and development of regionally appropriate marketing programs for assigned segments
- Manages team to prepare up-front planning documents to gain Senior Management approval on product positioning, pricing, and launch support
- Responsible for overseeing preparation of all communication (i.e. Planning Guides) to inform global affiliates of the upcoming programs for assignedsegments
- Responsible for assigned segment performance and product opportunities, and serves as the source for all segment related information.
- Constantly monitors the performance of Clinique versus the competition to identify product need gaps and opportunities; develops and executes action plans to improve brand performance.
- Is the expert and key point person for Clinique segment performance (shipments, sell-through, cost of goods, SKU count, pricing, and new product forecasts) as well as the competition.
- Creates forums for program/product development to ensure they meet Clinique’s strategic and financial objectives for specified segments.
- Directs preparation of all paperwork necessary to get projects into the system.
- Provides direction and spearheads the development of launches and supportprograms with all necessary support groups on assigned projects (including Product Development, Packaging, Packaging Design, Creative, Legal, Business Planning, Promotions, PR, Education, Digital) to ensure they are delivered ontime and within budget.
- Responsible for providing all affiliates with timely information on all calendarized programs; liaises regularly with Regional Marketing teams to ensure programs meet market needs
- Includes overseeing accuracy and timely issuance of all Flashes and Dossiers.
- Responsible for creating and supporting compelling Clinique Omni-channel brand experience through In-store and online experience.
- Prepares and presents marketing plans to Regions and affiliates, such as Sales Meetings, Regional Roundtables, etc.
- Preparation of materials for global segment reviews and brand strategy meeting.
- Leverages NPD, IRI, and other data sources to make recommendations in monthly business reviews.
- Manages and is responsible for the performance of direct reports including accuracy of projects and their development.
KEY ELEMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA is preferred.
- 10 years of related Global Marketing experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Demonstrates ownership of programs, embracing strategic vision as well as excellence in execution.
- Proven visionary with strong creativity, conceptual marketing & innovative skills.
- Must be able to direct and develop direct reports.
- Must be an excellent team player; possessing the ability to build and nurture strong relationships and gain the respect of members of cross-functional and Regional teams.
- Must be mature, responsible, accountable, organized.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication, analytical, and creative skills.
- Must be flexible and determined, possessing the ability to handle a multitude of projects and the willingness to put in the time necessary for success.
- Fosters an encouraging, respectful, team-oriented organization.