185 year old bank is on the lookout for something new in marketing
Steve’s breakdown: Old National Bank has been around for ever and now they could use your help finding a new CMO. And you know what we say? Find them a CMO & you win a client. The job description is below.
BTW: Their line is “Your Bank. For Life.” YIKES!
- Lead the marketing team in its goal to be a data-driven organization testing new strategies and learning from insights to help drive decisions throughout the customer acquisition, relationship building and retention funnel.
- Lead efforts to be a digital-first marketing team.
- Drive measurable business outcomes based on deep understanding of the financial services industry.
- Evaluate marketing investments based on business objectives and customer targets to ensure best allocation of resources; continuously improve effectiveness and the ROI of marketing investments and the most efficient choice of investment channels.
- Develop brand messaging across all media and distribution channels.
- Work with key business stakeholders to drive priorities for revenue growth and communicate progress.
- Plan and direct all aspects of the company’s marketing mix including brand management, promotions and campaigns, advertising, lead generation and content development.
- Support acquisitions and new partnerships through strategic brand-building.
- Oversee the development and implementation of annual marketing plans and budget.
- Manage the development of the marketing team including training and leadership development.
- Understand customer satisfaction and feedback, incorporate into future marketing efforts and to assist with retention.
- Work in partnership with client experience, product management, community relations and other key partners to achieve organizational goals.
- Understand regulatory, risk and compliance management as it impacts the financial services industry and marketing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Professionalism, integrity, commitment to ethics, bias for action and high level of energy.
- 15+ years’ experience, including leadership of a broad-based marketing organization,
- Proven track record leading/managing a large marketing team, preferably in the financial services industry, contributing to strong, consistent organizational growth.
- Demonstrated consumer centric/market focus and the capacity to create and lead the implementation of strategic, creative, and fiscally sound programs that drive business results.
- A proven digital/mobile marketing skill set and understanding of how to use technology to engage with and understand targets directly as well indirectly through all platforms (website, social media, mobile, programmatic, ad tech).
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically.
- Ability to build positive cross-functional relationships and an open and direct management style to establish quick and effective credibility and trust among the marketing team as well as members of executive leadership and across the company.
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Proven record of functional transformation, innovation, change management, and budget and resource management.
- Commitment to team coaching and development.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree desirable.