$20 million bank account seeks CMO
Steve’s breakdown: Santander Bank uses local agency Arnold Worldwide who did the “Respect” campaign which included the featured video. It’s a wonderful ad but it was the best they did for the campaign and now they are looking for a new CMO.
BOSTON, MA: CMO JOB Description
Oversee the development, coordination and execution of cohesive,comprehensive, external communications, brand management and creative marketing programs for the Bank. Ensure that all external communications and campaigns are consistent and aligned closely with the company’s business objectives.
- Drive the strategy of all marketing activity, using all elements of the marketing mix: media, digital, direct, social.Do this using strong relationship management with key business partners and always ensuring activities are measureable and aligned with overall business objectives.
- Place a priority on people development including ensuring strong organization structure and talent in place, succession plans in place and transparent, open environment that encourages creativity and appropriate risk-taking.
- Be a champion of the brand not just with external/customer-facing work but with internal colleagues, driving “living the brand” activities/actions.
- Put effective and comprehensive measurement plans in place for marketing programs, drive continual testing approach and facilitate sharing of results to drive better outcomes
- Act as partner and consultant to Line of Business heads and their teams, developing creative approaches to addressing opportunities.
- Strong manager of agency relationships, able to get the best from agency partners and working to be seen as a strong client that others want to work with.
- Deep experience in digital marketing, financial services, and brand-building emphasis on digital with fluency in digital marketing ecosystem
Strong verbal and written communication skills
15+ years of successfully leading, managing and developing teams of marketing professionals
- A team player with a track record of success in managing teams that deliver high quality work in a fast paced, dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to interact skillfully with executive management and a variety of business partners
- Fluency with current marketing technologies and deployment
- Excellent business acumen & industry knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent inter-personal and collaborative skill set