Fifth Third Bank is CMOless
Steve’s breakdown: Fifth Third Bank spends about $20 million and their creative is not bad but the fact that they are seeking a new CMO could be all the foot-in-the-door you need to steal this account.
The job description is below.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank#s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exercises direct supervision of the Marketing Department, including making recommendations regarding employment such as, performance, promotions and salary, allocating work, providing training, and resolving personnel issues.
- Develops a broad marketing concept and marketing policies consistent with management philosophy and overall corporate objectives.
- Directs market research projects.
- Directs the functions of Bancorp public relations and advertising.
- Reviews advertising recommendations to assure continuity in overall advertising program, maintaining communications with the advertising agency to evaluate the effectiveness of its advisory and operating abilities.
- Oversees advertising budget preparation and approves budget expenditures.
- Keeps informed of competitive situations and of new successful ideas and methods in the marketing and public relations fields. Benchmarks best-in-class peers.
- Supervises agency relationships handled by advertising manager.
- Supervises relationship with fulfillment, merchandising, and other vendors.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides leadership, coaching, and mentoring to a subordinate group. Responsible for providing employees timely, candid and constructive performance feedback; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate benchstrength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field. Masters degree preferred. Eight (8) or more years experience in marketing/sales with a proven record of increasing responsibility and achievement. Priorexperience in management, marketing strategy and analysis and budgeting.