Guess who’s looking for marketing help
Steve’s breakdown: The help Prudential Financial seeks is a Director of Growth Marketing who just might be looking for some agency representation. Look’s like digital would be a big plus.
The job description is below.
NEWARK, NJ: Working closely with Customer Office team leaders, the candidate will develop and deploy digital and traditional campaigns. Campaign testing efforts will focus on media placements, creative messaging, graphical treatments and formats, offers and promotions, audience segments, day/time parts, and landing pages. This individual should have a “test and learn” first approach and comfort running programs across search, programmatic, retargeting, mobile, content, social, affiliate, email, direct mail, radio, DRTV, podcasts and other paid channels.
The Director, Performance Marketing will collaborate with the internal Prudential advertising, creative services, analytics, legal, product and communications teams along with several outside agency partners in executing each marketing campaign. In this key role in the Prudential Customer Office, this individual will enjoy the speed, agility and excitement of a startup and the brand recognition and stability of Prudential.
- Build, optimize and scale performance marketing campaigns for a diverse range of initiatives, (lead generation, email capture, user sign-ups, click to call etc.)
- Design, develop and deploy prospect acquisition and customer re-engagement strategies and campaigns
- Create and implement engagement campaigns for existing Prudential customers
- Manage internal and external media and creative agency teams and carefully monitor campaign delivery and execution
- Collaborate with Prudential’s Internal Advertising Agency and business unit cross-functional teams to develop strategy and execute accurate and effective multi-channelcampaigns.
- Conceptualize and implement optimization strategies to meet KPI targets
- Craft creative briefs and coordinate briefing sessions with business leaders and internal teams to ensure consistency of campaign expectations in the development of all creative assets, including but not limited to search ad copy, digital and social banners, video ads, landing pages, microsites and any digital and print collateral required for each campaign.
- Educate and inform sales agents and aid in sales scripting to ensure sales team is familiar with lead source and prospect profile
- Develop, publish and monitor campaign web lead and inbound call forecasts to supportinternal sales teams
- Oversee reporting on operating metrics and key performance drivers: to establish and optimize key performance indicators for each campaign.
- Develop campaign learning agendas and conduct A/B tests of channel, media placement, creative format, message, copy, landing pages, time of day, day of week, to continually optimize performance
- Stay abreast of performance industry trends and best practices in Performance Marketing and attend relevant industry conferences and events
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (8+ years) in digitally enabled businesses. MBA or business degree a plus
- 6+ years of experience in digital media with a focus on performance media in developing, executing, reporting and optimizing paid search, programmatic display, retargeting, mobile, social, influencer and affiliate marketing, and/or video and content campaigns
- Deep understanding of direct response, digital marketing, performance marketing and lead generation, analytics, measurement and KPIs gained from agency- and client-side experience
- Ability to work independently and operating in a hands-on approach with agencies and partners to ensure tight oversight of all performance marketing campaigns
- Top notch written and oral communication skills while in presence of executive leadership; expert in MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- A nimble mindset that likes to stay busy and turn business requirements into quick tactical adjustments in a start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Extremely detail-oriented with teamwork skills and the ability to work independently but collaboratively across functional teams and all levels of the organization.
- Experience in financial services; any experience with marketing in Insurance, Wealth Management and Retirement verticals
- Familiarity with direct mail, radio, DRTV, podcast and/or OOH channel advertising
- Well versed in optimizing to CPL, CPR, CPA, CPC, Cost per Call and LTV metrics
- Strong capabilities with analytics and marketing platforms such as Adobe Analytics, Google Ads, Google Ad Platform, Google Manager, Facebook Advertising, or similar media platforms.
- Familiarity with Maxymiser, Optimizely or other A/B and Multivariate testing platforms