Word. Word. Word. Ad Campaign seeks CMO: West Coast Bank
Steve’s breakdown: These “Word.” campaigns are killing me. Woodford Reserve has “Quality. Sophistication. Style.” Someone needs to be shot! . . . . down with ideas like that.
Anyway, this time it’s Opus bank who’s looking for a CMO with the Word. campaign. Our featured video is their latest campaign.
CMO job posting below.
IRVINE, CA: The SVP, Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for the strategic and operational oversight of all marketing channel tactics. The ideal candidate will develop and implement thoughtful and analytical marketing plans. Drive the strategic decision-making in terms of the marketing mix and various functions, including web content, digital communications activities, social media, promotional campaigns, collateral/content creation, events, and partner with third party marketing providers. This position also provides advice and consultation to other business partners, on how digital assets, trends, and opportunities affect and can be used to leverage business strategies. This role requires the utilization of customer feedback, digital trends, and well-vetted research to design and integrate solutions that meet business goals and customer needs.
- Lead marketing innovation, evolves best practice, competitor activities, third party tools, consumer engagement, and identifying technology that help grow the business.
- Be a thought leader for both internal and external partners, and in doing so, set the standard for best-in-class marketing plans.
- Participate in identifying Opus’ unique brand within the industry while leading and supporting the digital strategies to drive brand growth, thus enhancing Opus’ brand equity.
- Maintain excellence in digital media and customer facing applications by developing product positioning and messaging that differentiates Opus products.
- Develop sales tools that support the selling process of Opus products.
- Provide overall leadership support and direction for marketing team.
- Monitor and assess individual work in accordance with high standards of excellence, provide feedback, coaching, development opportunities, and performance management of team.
- Attract, recruit and retain top marketing talent.
- Positively contribute to the culture, energy, and growth of the company, by being an internal champio n by inspiring and motivating the team.
- Analyze and define success in terms of key performance indicators.
- Establish measurement mechanism to monitor performance of each initiative and the impact of said initiative on the lines of business, increasing productivity of Opus sales and business development team.
- Partner with other verticals within the bank to create cohesive, focused campaigns.
- 10-15 years marketing experience impacting the marketing performance for brands.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent.Advanced degree preferred.
- Television and new media experience required; knowledge and proficient in social media platforms from consumer and marketing standpoint.
- Proven experience in delivering KPIs in marketing programs.
- Deep understanding of web analytics and how to use them for decision making.
- Excellent client relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with positive outlook.
- Experience tying analytical reporting and ROI to marketing efforts required.
- Stays abreast of emerging digital trends, best practices, and technologies.
- Provide a perspective on the market mix across paid, owned, and earned channel with detailed rationale.
- Ensure integrated solutions across digital platforms.
- Create project vision and outline goals, deliverable and deadlines.
OpusBank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. OpusBank also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of OpusBank, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of OpusBank, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.