Convenience store chain now has to get serious about advertising
Steve’s breakdown: So Kum & Go is still looking for a CMO. Do ya think being a convenience store chain with such an awesome name had anything to do with the delay?
Anyway, now they are on the front lines of food retail and I guess they should be getting REALLY serious about filling the position and their advertising.
Need a job? Want to help fill the position and lock down and client? So many questions . . .
The job description is below.
DES MONISE, IA: At Kum & Go our purpose is to make days better. Our Chief Marketing Officer is the chief strategist for bringing this purpose to life for our customers. We do this by connecting with our customers, understanding their shopping mission, and providing customers with the fresh food, fuel, and products they need with exceptional customer service. We are looking for a visionary, strategic leader that likes to drive innovation and inspire our digital transformation to help our business achieve its purpose.
What you’ll do
- Develop short and long-term strategic marketing initiatives to achieve the company’s purpose to “Make Days Better”.
- Provide leadership to Kum & Go’s brand strategy, marketing, food, merchandising, category management, digital, pricing, and communications to drive customer engagement and innovation in our stores.
- Drive our digital marketing transformation.
- Develop strategies and programs to further develop our brand, food program, digital initiatives, understand our customers’ needs, drive customer engagement, expand customer loyalty, and drive sales.
- Serve the company as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team with a keen understanding of our business and how to enable its growth.
- Use customer data to understand customer insights to inform marketing strategies and decisions.
- Anchor our purpose based brand in our foundation of corporate social responsibility.
What we’re looking for
- Track record of growing and developing a strong brand purpose based brand.
- Superior leadership skills with proven ability to inspire, innovate, and drive positive change.
- 10 – 15+ years as a proven leader in the areas of marketing and merchandising for a progressive company – most likely a retailer, quick serve restaurant, or food business.
- Strong experience in digital strategy & digital transformation & digital revenue streams.
- Outstanding business and financial acumen.
- Creative vision, intuitive consumer insight, and sharp analytical mind.
- Experience and passion for corporate social responsibility.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Kum & Go
At Kum & Go, our purpose is to make days better. We do that by connecting with people. Every day, whether in stores or at our Store Support Center headquarters, we take a people-first approach to developing associates, serving customers, and solving problems. We provide a unique working experience where associates are given many opportunities to make connections and to have fun along the way. Our culture is supported by our five core values:
- Passion – We love what we do, and it shows in our work.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Teamwork – We believe that greatness is only achieved in unity.
- Caring – We have genuine compassion for our customers, associates, families, and communities.
- Excellence – We expect and deliver superior performance.
For 60 years, Kum & Go has been dedicated to the communities it serves, sharing 10 percent of its profits with charitable causes. For four generations, the family-owned convenience store chain has focused on providing exceptional service and delivering more than customers expect. Established in Hampton, Iowa, in 1959, the chain has since grown to employ more than 5,000 associates in more than 400 stores in 11 states (Iowa, Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming).