$10 million retail account I’ve never heard of seeks CMO
Steve’s breakdown: Curacao is the retailer that has stores in California, Arizona and Nevada and is a big hit in the Hispanic community. Do they has an agency? Kinda but not a traditional one. Take a shot at filling to position and your client roster.
LOS ANGELES, CA: The Chief Marketing Officer will work collaboratively across the organization to bring innovation to the way our brand engages with our customer. Through our brand positioning and focus on customer centricity, the CMO will create a seamless experience across all channels by developing a marketing strategy which includes creating and establishing a roadmap for creative, advertising, digital & social, and in-store customer experience that engages customers in order to build loyalty, traffic, and increase sales.
The CMO will be responsible for strategic planning and tactical execution of all Brand and Marketing efforts including; corporate positioning, market and competitive analysis, market penetration plans and related product positioning for the Company. The CMO position will be responsible for enhancing the brand’s positioning, equity, content, creative execution, along with media mix optimization, and web channel performance with a laser-like focus on improving the bottom line.
Success in this role will require building, leading and coaching teams; strategic vision and execution; excellent communication and relationship building skills. This position will report to the President of Curacao.
The CMO will provide inspiration, leadership and guidance to the Marketing and Advertising team. Serve as the brand & marketing steward, advocate, evangelist and protector of the Curacao brand and its marketplace positioning.
Lastly, they will collaborate closely with leaders across the organization to bring creative and content strategies to life.
- Developing, implementing and managing the marketing strategy.
- Defining, developing and organizing the company’s marketing team structure to optimally fit the organization’s size and need for marketing support.
- Developing and managing channel and partner strategies and programs.
- Crafting marketing communications to include branding, public relations, advertising, tradeshows, seminars and events collateral materials, analyst and market research management and input on website design and content
- Directing and defining key marketing programs for the recruitment and retention of highly successful marketing talent
- Developing and managing the performance of the company’s entire marketing budget
- Overseeing customer research to ensure marketplace relevance
- Developing and managing key communication pieces to promote sales
- Formulating and tracking key metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities
- Evaluating, through research and empirical studies, market opportunities, the success of sales programs, marketing tactics and advertising/promotion initiatives
- Maintaining relationships with industry associations and other entities that provide market data and intelligence
- Establishing credibility throughout the organization (including with the Executive Management Team) as an effective leader and developer of solutions that appropriately models the corporate culture
- Participating in and contributing to high-level strategy discussions with the Executive Management Team
- Ensuring that all deadlines are met in an effective and professional manner
- Identify, create and establish processes to enable synergies and operational efficiencies within Marketing and cross-functional activities that impact marketing.
- Drive Awareness, Consideration and Traffic – Our Marketing team uses an arsenal of media assets to profitably drive customers to our stores. To drive awareness, consideration, leads and traffic, the CMO will oversee the full range of tactical Marketing sources including Paid Search, Display, Retargeting, Affiliates, SEO, Content, Lead Aggregators, Email, Social Media, Print, Local Media, Events, PR and Owned Assets. These tools will be used to deliver brand and corporate messages, brand images, promotions, and a wide range of creative content, all working together in an integrated fashion.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related work experience equivalent. MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of successful marketing experience with at least 8-10 years of marketing leadership experience. Prefer electronic consumer brand experience or retail
- Strong creative vision with ability to interpret and evolve brand aesthetic
- Demonstrated experience developing and working with big box retailers as well as dealers and distributors
- Well networked and connected in the eCommerce / mCommerce space, with knowledge of emerging digital innovations and potential partners
- Significant experience and proven success in implementing and evolving marketing strategies
- Must have analytical, planning and decision making skills; demonstrated ability to use marketing data for business decisions
- Inspirational leader who can manage innovation and bring programs to life through creative talent
- Must have strategic agility, organizational ability and successful track record for building effective teams
- Effective communication, marketing and relationship skills with internal and external customers at all levels
- Dynamic personality with excellent presentation skills
- A strategic and proactive thinker who’s not afraid to take risks and can influence and drive change from traditional to digital thinking
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and business ethics
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Understands the Hispanic culture, bilingual English and Spanish a must