Casino seeks marketing expertise
Steve’s breakdown: Lucky Eagle Casino is in the market for a new CMO and that means you have a chance to help with the search and nail an account.
Wait for them to find someone and use the job description below as a road map to a pitch perfect pitch.
The CMO provides exemplary leadership and performance accountability to the organization through alignment and execution of strategic goals and objectives of the Chehalis Tribe Business Committee and LECH leadership team.
The CMO will be responsible for the selection and development of personnel, provide leadership and day to day support and ensure the achievement of business goals that are set by the leadership team. Maintaining transparent, collaborative relations with the leadership team, vendors, community and the Chehalis Tribe is critical for this position. Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of LECH is essential for success.
This position ensures the confidentiality, security and accuracy of business operations; promotes positive guest and team member relations. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required and outstanding service to all stakeholders including fellow team members, guests and vendors is expected. Regular attendance, later hours and weekend work is required. Completing projects on time and in a quality manner is essential. The CMO must maintain a neat well-groomed professional appearance at all times.
Supervises and directs personnel and activities of the following operational divisions and the departments within the divisions: Marketing and Hotel Operations
The essential functions of the Chief Marketing Officer position classification include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overall marketing of the casino managing departments within the Marketing division.
- Responsible for establishing measurements of casino profits and losses, procedures to achieve profit and volume objectives.
- Develops, executes and revises as needed marketing policies and procedures to achieve sustainable profit and volume objectives, drives the enterprise to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Leads managers/supervisors in the identification of challenges and puts into place policies and procedures to identify and solve problems.
- Maintains excellent communication between assigned casino areas and support functions.
- Provides effective leadership and management to ensure that the mission and values of the enterprise are put into practice while maintaining the LECH culture and atmosphere of team member engagement.
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the growth objectives of the enterprise.
- Motivates and leads a team; attracts, recruits and retains required members of the team not currently in place; provides mentoring as a cornerstone to a management career development program.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Directs, plans and implements policies, objectives and activities of organizations and businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, and to increase productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have a bachelor’s degree, master’s in business administration preferred with at least ten (10) years of casino and hotel marketing and hotel operations leadership experience and an effective track record in executive casino management.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach director level staff to manage and develop high performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
Must possess the skills and knowledge to effectively lead a complex array of departments and programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas. Must have excellent project management skills and possess experience in program budgeting and fiscal management. Must exercise analytic and decisive decisions with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills. Musty be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
Must be action oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and invoke an innovative approach to operational management. Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission driven, and self-directed with an unwavering commitment to quality programs and data driven program evaluation.
Must be a minimum of 21 years old and have the ability to obtain and retain a Washington State Class III Gaming License; successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen; and have and maintain a driving record that at least meets the minimum requirements established by the LECH vehicle insurance provider.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle; feel; or grip objects, stretch and/or reach with hands and arms; stoop; crouch or work in cramped or awkward positions; repetitive motions. This person may regularly lift and/or move up to 30+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust to focus.
The environment characteristics describe herein are representative of those a team member may encounter while performing the essential functions of the position.
Primarily indoors and may be exposed to heavy smoke and fluctuations in temperature while in and around the casino and/or hotel. May also, from time-to-time be exposed to noise from slot machines, customers, music and public announcement system, as is common in a casino and/or hotel environment.