Digital Lead: Paint Nite’s search for CMO talent
Steve’s breakdown: Paint Nite has 3 targets: People who license the Paint Nite brand and give the parties, venues where the parties happen (night spots) & sponsors. And judging by this CMO job description below, they’re doing it digitally!
SOMERVILLE, MA: The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for developing Paint Nite’s® marketing strategy. He or she is also responsible for translating that strategy into successfully executed on-line, grass roots, and in-venue marketing programs that drive customer traffic and purchasing to meet or exceed sales and margin goals. This position monitors, reviews and analyzes financial metrics, marketplace trends and customer attitudes and behaviors to capitalize on marketing opportunities. The Chief Marketing Officer ensures that marketing initiatives are integrated and coordinated across field and on-line to maintain a consistent brand image for the company.
- Be a digital marketing native with demonstrated experience translating data into insights that shape marketing strategy and resource prioritization.
- Have a deep and broad experience with marketing technology platforms and tools, and the ability to integrate an efficient marketing tech stack as the backbone of digital lead generation, conversion and loyalty.
- Provide expertise in managing high-performing daily deal, affiliate and partnership marketing.
- As a member of the senior team, be an influential brand advocate, personifying important aspects of the company’s corporate character and serving as a Paint Nite® ambassador for a diverse group of stakeholders, including clients, venues, investors, employees, press and partners.
- Develop integrated marketing plans that engage with customers through various methods including advertising, PR, social media, paid search, ecommerce, grass roots, events, and loyalty marketing.
- Manage a CMS (HIPPO).
- Develop and manage customer lifecycle marketing program, driving measurable incremental purchasing from existing customers.
- Translate customer feedback and trends into effective promotional programs that are consistent with the brand marketing strategy.
- Support operations to help acquire, train, and retain licensees and partner bars/venues.
- Partner with operations to link promotional activity event planning.
- Primary provider of all marketing operational and support service for licensees.
- Develop proactive PR strategies that maximize positive market perception and visibility.
- Perform marketing financial planning, including annual capital and operating budgets, forecasting of expenses, cost tracking, work estimation, and approval of marketing invoices for A/P.
- Evaluate market research and suggest adjustments in marketing strategy to meet changing marketplace dynamics and competitive situations.
- Hire, manage and regularly review the performance of any needed external marketing, advertising and creative agencies.
- Lead internal marketing team.
- Ensure that analytical reports are properly created and utilized to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities, and translate that information into a constant refinement of marketing programs.
- Write and present quarterly updates to the board of directors in conjunction with the rest of
- the management team.
- Ensure marketing plans are well understood throughout the company.
Your skills, competencies and traits:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field. MBA is a plus.
- Experience in database marketing and multi-location marketing is required.
- Experience creating customer segmentation and lifecycle marketing campaigns to drive incremental purchasing behavior.
- Strong direct marketing experience, including email, direct mail, SEO/SEM, and loyalty marketing.
- Broad interactive marketing experience including social media, mobile and ecommerce.
- Proven problem solving and analytical ability.
- Demonstrated ability to manage creative people and agencies.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability.
- Past experience hiring and developing a small team.
- Proven leadership, motivational and staff development ability.
- Project management skills including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be creative and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
WHO WE ARE
Raise your glass to a NEW kind of night out! Paint Nite invites you to create art over cocktails at a local hotspot guided by a professional artist and party host. Grab your friends and your sense of humor and spend two hours drinking, laughing, and flexing your creative muscles. There’s no experience necessary and we’ll provide all the materials, so you don’t have to worry about a thing (except having a great time).Paint Nite leads the “paint and sip” industry thanks to our innovative approach to grow out event-basedbusiness. We empower small business owners around the world to grow their own businesses by partnering with an ever-increasing number of local artists and local bars and restaurants.