Double Event Lead at Zen Entertainment
2) Zen has started a search for a new CMO based in Vegas who will also have NYX duties. The job description is down the page below the double line.
We suspect there will be some kind of advertising review this summer or fall.
LAS VAGAS, NV: Gaming software developer, NYX Gaming Group, has announced its acquisition of poker software developer Zen Entertainment Inc.
The purchase of the Las Vegas-based company widens NYX Gaming’s reach, which now includes North America, along with Europe and Australasia.
Zen’s poker offering adds to the NYX Gaming product suite which includes slots, lottery, bingo and casino deployed over internet and mobile.
Matt Davey, CEO of NYX Gaming Group said: “I am delighted to secure the acquisition of Zen Entertainment Inc, a transaction that supports the expansion of the group business into the emerging online gaming markets within North America.”
CMO Job Description
ZEN Entertainment, a leading developer of social/casual free-play casino-style games, is seeking a seasoned online marketing executive to join the company as Chief Marketing Officer and lead ZEN’s marketing team as we head into an exciting new growth phase.
The Chief Marketing Officer will also join NYX Gaming Group, a global real money and social/casual gaming company with office in Sydney, Stockholm and now Las Vegas. NYX is in the process of launching North American social/casual games operations, simultaneous with the acquisition of the Zen Entertainment, Inc’s platform.
NYX/ZEN is seeking executive level candidates to help integrate both businesses, and build a robust product offering and managed services offering that will drive the combined businesses’ success going forward. The right candidate will have a proven track record, relevant experience, and a clear focus on business analytics, customer acquisition, retention, revenue/monetization and a passion for delivering exceptional value to platform users, and our B2B and B2C brands.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in, both real money wager and social/casual casino styled gaming, i.e., slots, bingo, poker and lottery
- Experience in the design and management of virtual goods and social/casual games economies
- Expertise in both North American and International markets
- Knowledge of white label gaming partnerships
- Facebook games marketing and optimization skills
- Ardent supporter of behavioral and analytics based marketing principals
- Lead ongoing efforts around brand tracking, audience segmentation, behaviors & insights
- Own & maintain the positioning, vision, & goals of multiple brands simultaneously
- Be the voice of our brands with partner teams (ad sales, biz dev, PR/social, product and dev) and external organizations (agencies, licensing partners) to ensure programs are on strategy and a brand fit
- Knowledge of player acquisition, CPA, CPM, PPC, FB, etc.
- Conduct market/competitive analyses and develop strategies to create integrated marketing plans for new and live games, including budget recommendations for new product launches. Evaluate performance across channels, making recommendations for optimizations
- Manage all corporate communications efforts, e.g. corporate positioning, advertising, PR, media, trade shows sponsorship and participation, etc.
Experience / Requirements:
- Bachelors or equivalent in marketing or related disciplines. 10 or more years of senior leadership experience in games and gaming, online marketing, cross-channel marketing, community development and management. Graduate degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of specific experience in Facebook marketing and gaming industry (particularly mobile) knowledge is a strong plus
- Expert knowledge of marketing principles, brand building, performance advertising, digital marketing, and social media
- Experience developing and executing licensing programs and delivering brand extensions
- Demonstrated track record of success & performance launching new products and executing creative, integrated marketing programs
- Ability to work independently, leading cross-organizational teams to deliver against the muilt-franchise business goals
- Expert verbal & written communication skills
NYX Gaming Group is comprised of Stockholm based NYX Interactive and Sydney’s NextGen Gaming. It endeavors to provide a combined roster of Operators with premium gaming content and fast, flexible gaming systems in true partnership. With over 45 customers using a combination of lottery, bingo and casino platforms and a library of 300+ games, NYX Gaming Group represents a highly attractive option to regulated online and land based gaming operators.
The ZEN Entertainment Network® (ZEN) offers big brands a platform to deliver a social, fun, and rewarding experience for online casino game players. It features competitive, U.S. legal tournaments, a robust promotions schedule and a common pool of up to $100,000 in monthly cash and prizes. ZEN offers its partners seamless access to its leading free-to-play online games network and a forward-thinking roadmap to the future of online games and gaming.