Ad Council campaign client seeks CMO
Steve’s breakdown: This lead is very similar to the one we did earlier this week about the American Lung Association. Keep America Beautiful is looking for a CMO and your chance of helping them finding the right person is probably pretty good. They just need passion, potential donors & the rest. Fill the position – get a client.
STAMFORD, CT: As a member of the senior staff lead, create and implement integrated marketing and communications strategies and activities for the nation’s iconic community improvement nonprofit organization. Through collaboration with the President and CEO, senior leadership, the national staff, State Leaders Council and Board of Directors, develop communication/marketing strategies that define and differentiate the organization, empower the Keep America Beautiful Affiliate Network, broaden national programmatic reach, drive revenue and deepen engagement with our multiple stakeholders.
Key activities include:
- Creation and implementation of innovative marketing strategies and initiatives designed to elevate brand awareness
- Messaging creation and storytelling
- Brand marketing and advertising
- Social media
- Public relations
- Thought leadership
- Development and supervision of website content
- Digital media platform management, including implementation and support for KAB.org and program sites, Affiliate Dashboard/Reporting, Salesforce, Email, SEO/SEM, etc.
- Sponsor stewardship, including primary contact with Ad Council and campaign sponsors of “I Want To Be Recycled” PSA campaign
- Executive speech writing and presentation development
- Mentorship of staff
- Execute strategies designed to leverage brand awareness, relevance, thought leadership and reputation of KAB at a national level, manage consistent brand messaging to our key stakeholders, forge mutually beneficial partnerships, further develop our cause marketing initiatives and increase our mission impact
- Lead the team to optimize the brand and amplify our voice to ensure understanding of our purpose and mission among key internal and external stakeholders
- Develop marketing communication strategies for programs and ensures that all program elements maintain consistent messaging and brand strategy designed to build and sustain the KAB brand and its funding base
- Collaborate with President/CEO and leadership team to implement the organization’s strategic operating plan
- Work with KAB Affiliate Network on synthesis of national and affiliate brands (One Shared Brand)
- Provide leadership to and coordinate between Departments to ensure that marketing, KAB brand and communications efforts are synchronized, consistent and clear
- Manage external integrated marketing and social media agency, website development/tech firm and pro-bono SEO/SEM agency
- Oversee creative and production in coordination with the Ad Council for “I Want To Be Recycled” PSA campaign
- Generate national and local awareness of KAB, our programs and our Sponsors by leveraging traditional and digital media, webinars, videos and events
- Orchestrate web content to establish best in class web presence which will maximize brand awareness and drive donations
- Lead SEO/SEM efforts, including oversight of Google Adwords Grant
- Track and grow key metrics around (brand) messaging; establish and measure KPIs
- Partner with CDO to develop marketing strategies designed to expand fundraising and to define, leverage, and maximize corporate relationships
- Collaborate internally to create selling/presentation materials, newsletters, and videos to support KABs signature programs, attract new sponsors and sustain growth
- Develop and implement an advocacy strategy to promote broad issues related to our mission at the local, county, state and federal level
- Act as KAB spokesperson surrounding public relations
- Management of staff dedicated to ideation, design and production of collateral materials in all media (print, web, and video), project management, and managing vendors and external resources.
- Prepare and manage the communication budget and other specific marketing budgets
- Manage the day to day activities of the marketing communications department, hire additional staff as needed, coach and mentor
- Serve on key donor/partner account teams as the marketing subject matter expert
- Be a culture leader to enhance organization performance and individual staff professional development.
- Leadership and persuasion: As chief marketing officer you will, in conjunction with the President/CEO and senior staff, drive the strategy of Keep America Beautiful. Key to the role is the ability to inspire, motivate and persuade others across the organization.
- Research and analytics: Marketing has become much more data-driven in recent years and an effective chief marketing officer must able to understand how to use data and analytics to optimize marketing strategy.
- Writing: Ability to write and inspire from others compelling, crisp copy for a variety of marketing channels.
- Superb analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve organizational objectives
- Advanced experience working with a variety of traditional and modern marketing and communications functions including: branding and messaging to different target audiences
- An understanding of all aspects of print material production; development and implementation of social media plans; and working with the press and other related media outlets
- Deep understanding of changing nonprofit market dynamics, thought leadership and advocacy
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A bachelor’s degree is required and an advanced degree in marketing or business (MBA) is preferred
- 10 years of well-rounded marketing or business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility- with a focus on marketing expansion- as well as three to five years of experience in a leadership role.
LOCATION AND BENEFITS:
- Position is based in Stamford, CT national headquarters (walking distance from Metro-North, free parking garage in building)
- Strong compensation and benefits package, including flex schedule option.
- Free gym in building.
- Near great restaurants, bars, shopping and beautiful Mill River Park.
Persons with national service experience (VISTA, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and veterans are encouraged to apply. Keep America Beautiful is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, being a party to a civil union, handicap or disabilities or perception of disabilities, political activity, or other protected class status. Discrimination in violation of this policy is prohibited.