Community Building Initiative issuse RFP for PR & Media services
Steve’s breakdown: This is a small account but it would be perfect for Charlotte-based PR firm. Plus it’s a great cause that works to achieve racial and ethnic inclusion and equity. The entire three page RFP document is below.
CHARLOTTE, NC: RFPs For Communications, Public Relations and Media Awareness
Respond to: Dianne English, Executive Director, Community Building Initiative
Respond by: June 17, 2011 Contact for questions and further information: Dianne English
Community Building Initiative (CBI), a non-profit organization in Charlotte, NC seeks proposals for services from an expertly qualified service provider that can help advance the work and mission of the organization by providing effective communications, public relations and media awareness services.
ABOUT CBI (www.communitybuildinginitiative.org)
Community Building Initiative (CBI) is a nonprofit organization established in 1997 by government and civic leaders that works to achieve racial and ethnic inclusion and equity in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg community.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg is marked by its rich identity as an historic New South community – an identity that continually evolves as its population becomes more racially, ethnically and culturally diverse. Patterns of racial and social trust that affect the community’s health and viability are as challenging today as they have been in the past.
CBI helps the people and institutions of this community study, understand and act on both the opportunities and challenges that arise as Charlotte-Mecklenburg experiences these dramatic changes. CBI convenes and engages individuals, organizations and institutions in a structured and effective process around issues of racial and ethnic inclusion and equity.
CBI is a vital part of the community’s capacity for addressing broad issues around demographic, cultural and social change rooted in race and ethnicity and serves in this role as:
• a collaborator and convener
• an educator and communicator
• a strategic partner to individuals, institutions and organizations
• Overall strategic guidance and counsel
• Branding and messaging
• Creation of a multi-year communications strategy
• Focused expertise in the areas of social media and electronic outreach
• Assistance with content development for tactical outreach efforts including newsletters, website, social media, collateral materials
• Public relations and media awareness for events and special outreach efforts In the past these services have been provided by a professional communications firm and include elements such as:
• Annual newsletters
• Creative input & collateral materials for development campaigns
• Website content & support
• On-going PR counsel, media relations & strategic assistance
• Planning, design and production of annual community event
Interested parties should review the included description and also review relevant information on the CBI website at www.communitybuildinginitiative.org before submitting the following in hard copy to the contact address below. Inquiries prior to submission for clarification are welcome. Proposal packets should include:
– A letter of intent
– Best practice and impact past work product samples
– Three letters of reference
– A 1,000 word statement that describes why the submitting party is particularly well-qualified to meet the needs outlined and that demonstrates an understanding of CBI’s mission and work.
– Contact information for a follow-up conversation
– Brief bios and professional experience and qualification statements for each of the persons who will be directly responsible for fulfilling work requirements.
CRITERIA, TIMELINE, PROCESS & COMPENSATION
Preference will be given to proposals that demonstrate a past record of success in working to support the goals of organizations in the non-profit sector, particularly those with aligned work and mission to that of CBI. Priority will also be given to parties that operate within Mecklenburg County and that demonstrate a commitment to the community.
CBI is prepared to offer a retainer in the amount of $1500 to $1800 per month for the Communications & Public Relations services described above and would request all applicants to address the following question: If selected as the provider of these services, what level of pro bono assistance to CBI would you include in your annual work?
CBI values collaboration, open communications and delivery of services on time within a strategic framework as positive work dynamics and characteristics. Any information provided that can support the proposal will be important in evaluating the overall response.
Proposals will be evaluated on a rolling basis and finalists will be interviewed by CBI staff and volunteer leadership. Final selection will take place no later than July 15, 2011.
Dianne English Executive
Director Community Building Initiative
217 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
704-973-4564 – phone 704-973-4976 – fax www.communitybuildinginitiative.org