Connecticut Housing Finance Authority issues RFP for 1st time Home Buyer Marketing Campaign
Steve’s breakdown: The Connecticut Housing Finance Authority is seeking a firm is to design, develop & implement an extensive First-time Home Buyer Marketing Campaign with both short and long-range implications for promoting public awareness of the CHFA Home Buyer Mortgage Programs to eligible home buyers in the State. CHFA requests written proposals from qualified full-service marketing firms with consumer-targeted marketing experience.
Four copies of the proposal must be delivered no later than 4:00 PM on August 12, 2011 to:
CHFA, c/o Sherry Lambert, Manager
Research & Analysis
999 West Street
Rocky Hill, CT 06067-4005
Faxed or emailed responses will not be considered.
Here’s the RFP: RattiReportRFP2
ROCKY HILL, CT: Here’s the scope of servie they are looking for:
In 2011, CHFA’s goal is to provide first mortgage financing of 3,000+ loans to eligible first-time home buyers in Connecticut through December 31, 2011 and continuing to increase homeownership opportunities by making 4,000+ loans throughout the 2012 calendar year. The selected firm will need to have the capacity to design, develop and implement a statewide home buyer marketing campaign, which is broad and encompassing, to reach the targeted audience of prospective home buyers in Connecticut. CHFA is also trying to penetrate a variety of populations and encourages the firm to market the CHFA Home Buyer Programs to diverse cultures seeking to purchase their first homes.
The Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA) intends to secure a marketing/public relations firm to design, develop and implement a statewide marketing/public relations campaign. This will include increasing awareness by the general public, including Realtors␣. CHFA would also like to reach diverse populations and communities throughout the State regarding CHFA, its purpose and capabilities, which includes its affordable mortgage programs for homeownership. In addition to its statewide mortgage program, CHFA also offers reduced rate mortgage programs for Teachers, Police, and for those enlisted full-time in the Military and Veterans. An obstacle for many first-time buyers is not having funds saved for a down payment. A key component of the CHFA Home Buyer Programs is our Down Payment Assistance Program (DAP) loan, which is a second mortgage and can include closing costs.
The services that need to be provided require a firm that is capable of designing, developing and implementing a home buyer marketing campaign that includes, but is not limited to the components below, including oversight of all transactions needed to accomplish the following:
1. Describe how your organization would design, develop and implement all components of an effective Home Buyer Marketing Campaign, including how you would identify and reach target markets to promote the CHFA first-time home buyer programs to increase homeownership opportunities to generate over 3,000 loans in 2011 and 4,000+ loans throughout the 2012 calendar year.
2. Develop Public Service Announcements for radio and TV placement and implement by October 1, 2011. (English & Spanish)
• Identify markets and media buys to reach targeted audiences (Also identify other language markets, if available.)
• Create PSA content and produce 60 second and 30 second ads for PSA’s, radio and TV
3. Design and produce/revise existing collateral in the form of an informational program brochure on the Home Buyer Mortgage Programs offered by CHFA by October 1, 2011.
4. Develop print media advertisements and oversee including ad placement (media buys). Launch a media campaign by October 1, 2011 and end campaign on December 1, 2011.
5. Identify and explain other marketing initiatives and strategies you feel are critical to meeting the objectives of this home buyer marketing campaign.