The College Savings Plans Network has PR Account in Play
Steve’s breakdown: Here’s the schedule for this pitch is as follows:
- March 2, 2012: Deadline for submitting written questions
- March 16, 2012: Responses to written questions
- March 30, 2012: RFP responses due by 5:00 P.M. Eastern Time
- May 4, 2012: Deadline for initial evaluation of proposals
- May 15-18, 2012: Possible interviews of finalists
- May 25, 2012: Notification of chosen vendor / Begin contract discussion
- June 15, 2012: Finalize contract
LEXINGTON, KY: The College Savings Plans Network (CSPN), an affiliate of the National Association of State Treasurers (NAST), is an association of state administrators and their private sector partners who administer Section 529 qualified tuition plans dedicated to enhancing communication, cooperation, and effective administration among the plans. CSPN works to promote and enhance making higher education opportunities an affordable reality. CSPN seeks to influence the setting of national policy affecting Section 529 qualified tuition plans to ensure that these programs remain an effective vehicle for families to save for college. In addition, CSPN seeks to promote public awareness and understanding of the purpose and value of saving for college and to be recognized as the primary authoritative and objective source for information concerning Section 529 qualified tuition plans.
CSPN is concluding a two-year engagement with a public relations firm and is soliciting bids from all interested parties for a new two-year contract with the potential for an additional two-year extension.
CSPN is requesting proposals from interested public relations firms to provide communications and public relations services that will:
- promote CSPN as an official, objective source of information on 529 plans;
- position CSPN as a leading and trusted source of 529 plan information for the media and the public;
- promote success, impact, and acceptance of 529 plans;
- promote the ability to participate in 529 plans regardless of income;
- support the Network’s federal initiatives;
- drive traffic to the CSPN Website;
- grow awareness of CSPN’s reputation and brand; and
- produce clear measures of success.