Visit Orlando seek Canadian agency for media buying, PR & promotions
Steve’s breakdown: Visit Orlando requires an experienced Canadian agency team with extensive experience in the travel space to work with our internal team to supplement and extend our PR, promotions and media buying efforts.
“We are looking for an Agency partner(s) to work with us on developing, executing and delivering a comprehensive PR, promotions and advertising program that supports the Orlando destination and generates maximum exposure of destination offerings to drive demand to visit. Agency or Agencies may respond to one or all of the areas including: Public Relations, Promotions, and/or Advertising Media Buying.”
Here’s the RFP: Ratti Report RFP3
Please submit 10 copies of your proposal by August 19, 2011 to:
Vice President of Global Marketing
6700 Forum Drive, Suite 100
Orlando, FL 32821
ORLANDO, FL: Here’s the scope of work:
Visit Orlando seeks a proposal for a comprehensive media relations program to promote the Metro Orlando area to the domestic leisure and MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Congresses, and Exhibitions) traveler in Canada. The program should complement and supplement Visit Orlando’s integrated marketing programs.
The agency would be asked to:
• Develop, in conjunction with Visit Orlando staff, an ongoing media relations strategy
• Aggressively pitch Orlando stories
• Conduct proactive media calls and maintain on-going media relations with journalists in identified target markets
• Write and distribute press releases/e-newsletters
• Provide direction and copy for marketing and visitor materials such as holiday guides, Web sites, e-mail blast, etc.
• Service journalists (requests for materials, requests for individual press trips, group press trips)
• Assist in development and execution of media and trade events and activities in key Canadian markets
• Assist with securing journalists to attend media events and missions
• Keep Visit Orlando informed on travel issues and trends that may affect marketing initiatives
• Evaluate industry trade shows for both trade and media and make recommendations on participation on the trade and media side.
• Meet with Canadian-based partners to coordinate activities (i.e. theme parks, Visit Florida, US Travel, TMAC, etc.)
• Assist with issues management/crisis communications, if needed
• Assist with clip procurement, as needed
• Participate in monthly global PR conference calls and individual market calls
• Provide monthly reports of activities and services
We look for the Agency to respond to this RFP with their own ideas and vision as how to approach this engagement that will work hand in hand with and complement the overall plan. With that said, the services to be provided by the Agency might be expected to include the following:
• Development of strategies to reach the Canadian leisure traveler via promotional programs (including sweepstakes, consumer events, broadcast initiatives, and engagement efforts, etc.)
• Identify and secure promotional partners that will effectively execute an Orlando promotion
• Assist in developing an effective communication messaging strategy by working with Visit Orlando’s creative agency to review creative and provide input on campaign elements
• Help develop measurable goals and objectives
• Provide suggestions on enhancing the strength of the Orlando brand among the Canadian audience
• Work with Visit Orlando staff and leadership to develop supporting goals and
• Make recommendations on effective measurement of success
The budget size for the total marketing effort in Canada will run between $1 million and $1.5 million (actual media between $600k and $1 million). The budget is based on availability per the approval of Visit Orlando’s board of directors.