$9M Healthcare Client w/ no CMO: And we’re not talking’ Chief Medical Officer
Steve’s breakdown: Sutter Health Corporation is the client and they are one of the nation’s largest non-profit health care systems and is a network of physician organizations and non-profit hospitals located mostly throughout the greater Sacramento, California area, Oregon and Hawaii.
You help find the CMO – you find the client. The Job Summary is below.
SACRAMENTO, CA: Create a comprehensive, differentiated, and effective multi-channel marketing strategy that provides innovative, market-driven, and value-added solutions that engage consumers, physicians, payers, internal staff across our geographies, and the care continuum. Drive awareness, preference, and demand for Sutter Health services through a suite of marketing services including customer relationship management (CRM), creative support, digital applications, consumer insights, and marketing data analytics. Provide pertinent market intelligence (market conditions, industry trends, data analytics,) that contribute to the organization’s growth, awareness, clinical and community reputation across the system, operating units, and affiliates. Design engaging, differentiated messaging that builds brand equity, and helps achieve the organization’s strategic and tactical growth goals.
Work closely with the Chief External Affairs Officer to coordinate messaging between Marketing and the Communications team in order to promote our Employees’ and physicians’ understanding of Sutter Health’s mission, brand and strategies. You will also work together to cultivate positive engagement and loyalty with Sutter Health employees and foundation and independent physicians, as well as to cultivate good relationships with thought leaders and public policy influencers, the media, payers, employers, patients and consumers.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field plus relevant experiencerequired. Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Advertising, Communications, Economics, Marketing, Marketing Management, Public Relations or a related field or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience as typically acquired during a minimum of 10 – 15 years in increasingly senior marketing positions
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective marketing strategies that deliver a competitive advantage, meeting strategic growth goals and targets, and crafting compelling messages that build brand equity
- Previous experience overseeing marketing, advertising, social media, blogging, and other marketing tools to promote the organization, and build brand awareness, preference and demand
- Facility in creating and producing tasteful differentiating marketing materials that cut through the “sea of sameness” that makes up most of healthcare
- Prior experience coordinating and analyzing marketing research and competitive intelligence to evaluate, produce, and execute innovative opportunities that increase market share
- Solid experience formulating and managing a large marketing budget, identifying target segments, optimizing media selection, and ad placement/timing
- Demonstrated experience identifying and establishing benchmarks to measure marketing effectiveness
- Solid experience in marketing management and brand management is required, including running complex marketing teams in a large organization
- Experience in the health care and health insurance industries is helpful
- Proven leadership experience building and fostering personal relationships, building dynamic teams, developing staff, and engaging proactively
- Deep understanding of the quickly-evolving digital and social media environments, including managing a well- established social media presence that demonstrates the ability to synthesize emerging trends and make them impactful for current and future customer demands
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing, management, sales, finance and leadership, preferably with some experience or understanding of the unique issues in health care marketing
- Strong business acumen and exceptional analytic skills with the ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems, and to meet customer-driven business objectives
- Advanced knowledge of digital and traditional marketing, business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B), communications planning, graphic standards, corporate identity management
- Solid understanding of marketing sponsorships, broadcast/multi-media, media relations, telecommunications and the digitalexperience, including web site and mobile development and maintenance
- Working knowledge selecting/hiring third-party talent for creative services, graphic design and production, publication development and management, market research and advertising
- Understanding of and experience with Lean process improvement
- C-suite skills, including professional writing and editing skills, excellent media spokesperson skills, with the ability to articulate a vision while exhibiting a positive public speaking presence
- Ability to energize, mobilize, influence, and build accountability by effectively communicating vision, and fostering productive and supportive working relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Ability to negotiate effectively with external agencies and organizations
- Strong analytic skills to determine organizational needs and the ability to develop effective strategic marketing plans
- Solid budget and finance skills
- Ability to evaluate graphic design and advertising proposals, craft persuasive messaging, and analyze market research, preferably in a health care setting
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; or their Microsoft application equivalents