Barrel full of franchise brands seek CMO
Steve’s breakdown: The brands include Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, CENTURY 21, Coldwell Banker, Coldwell Banker Commercial, ERA, and Sotheby’s International Realty and if you can find them their new CMO, you may be pitching one of these brands.
PARSIPPANY, NJ: Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage.
Realogy Franchise Group (RFG) consists of many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, ERA®, and Sotheby’s International Realty®.
NRT , a subsidiary of Realogy Corporation, is the nation’s largest residential real estate brokerage company. We own and operate companies in more than 50 of the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the United States. NRT and its affiliated companies, marketing partners and joint ventures provide mortgage, title, insurance, escrow, warranty, relocation and concierge services to NRT’s family of companies.
Collectively, Realogy’s franchise system members operate approximately 14,100 offices with nearly 273,200 independent sales associates conducting business in 112 countries and territories around the world.
RFG and NRT are currently seeking a talented, growth-oriented Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to work out of our Corporate Headquarters in Madison, NJ.
What the CMO Will Do and Need:
This position reports directly to the RFG President and CEO with an indirect reporting line into NRT. In collaboration with brand presidents and CMOs, the RFG CMO will drive short and long term marketing strategies that create buzz for our brands (both franchised and company-owned brokerages), which will in turn result in revenue and market share growth across all our brands. The CMO will also oversee the company’s broader thought leadership and positioning strategies, and will liaise with other functional areas as needed to provide strategic marketing support to drive operational excellence and profitability.
The CMO is part of the RFG Leadership Team and interacts with Executive Leadership as well as Board Members. The CMO will provide the leadership to and have oversight of all aspects of marketing, including brand strategy and positioning, creation and execution of campaigns (including digital, print, mobile and PR), measurement of marketing outcomes, customer analytics and satisfaction, and tactical campaigns to support key broker offices.
If you possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a successful track record of formulating and leading marketing strategy in a dynamic environment, we want to talk to you.
The RFG CMO will collaborate with brand presidents and CMOs to:
- Create an overall vision and strategy for Realogy’s portfolio of brands that enables growth and differentiation. The strategy will encompass identity, tone of voice, visual representation, value proposition evolution and other key elements.
- Driving top-line and bottom-line business results.
- Foster innovation across the 5 brands based on their unique value propositions and positioning.
- Provide strategic counsel on the brand and broker-owned business marketing plans to support growth, optimized spend and profitability.
- Build capability across brands and provide oversight for all marketing campaigns and activities, including mobile, online, email, print and television advertising.
- Ensure that all marketing activities are timely, compelling and relevant.
- Identify target growth opportunities and segments based on brand personality and opportunities.
- Drive the use of the latest technology to effectively deliver company messaging to target audiences, including mobile, video, social, gaming, search, real-time media buying, reputation optimization, metrics, original content, ad retargeting, SEO and SEM.
- Support alignment between the franchised brands and owned brokerages across:
- Resource allocation
- Tool/program usage
- Strategic focus
The CMO will develop and manage capabilities to capitalize on Realogy’s position as the only multi-brand company in real estate
- Collaborate with RFG and Realogy leadership to develop and maximize the company’s thought leadership position in the industry.
- Set strategic goals related to multi-brand market opportunities, including partnerships, affinity efforts, marketing programs, capabilities development and vendor/agency relationships.
- Oversee the CMO council to foster communication, collaboration and best practice sharing.
- Ensure cross-brand issues are proactively identified and resolved to maintain operational excellence.
- Collaborate with brand teams and HR to identify career path opportunities across the company for high opportunity talent.
- Monitor and maintain an awareness of competitive products and services and marketing activities in markets nationwide.
- Track, distill and apply marketing trends across industries for application into real estate
- Provide strategic counsel to the technology and CRM Platform, Zaplabs to create and communicate its narrative to drive usage and engagement.
- Collaborate with Zaplabs and the brands to drive the strategy and development of mobile solutions and applications, social media, natural and paid search, website optimization, and innovative new products and services.
- Evaluate the company’s and the brands’ events strategy to determine areas of opportunity
- Provide marketing support to corporate functions as needed to develop a visual identity, tone of voice and support key projects and processes
- Franchise development
- Operational centers of excellence
- Diversity and inclusion
- IT Organization
- Serve as the strategic marketing resource for key stakeholders as the company develops its data-driven capabilities
- Understand and quickly adjust to changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve company objectives.
- Evaluate performance across channels, including analysis and insights, making recommendations for optimizations based on current and historical metrics
- Manage multi-brand agencies and suppliers of record, and negotiate contract terms and conditions for major services. Consult with brand CMOs to ensure agency and supplier relationships have highest return for price paid. Evaluate company’s agency strategy to identify areas of efficiency.
Qualifications and Background include:
- 15+ years’ experience and proven success formulating and leading marketing strategies which resulted in incremental revenue and profit (preferably in a multi brand, environment)
- Experience within a franchise organization or multi-stakeholder environment preferred
- Strategic B2B and B2C marketing experience
- Must have 10 years marketing/advertising experience with three years of experience in campaign modeling (preferably in a multi brand environment)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field (minimum); MBA preferred
- Proven leadership experience leading creative efforts, including planning, prioritizing and implementing marketing strategy
- Experience with technology product marketing
- Demonstrated leadership in talent management and leading effective teams
- Experience working in highly matrixed environment
- Advanced understanding/knowledge of forecasting, general business, marketing, financial practices and principles, and project management skills
- Demonstrated track record of success and performance launching new products and executing creative, integrated marketing programs
- Experience creating and launching national marketing campaigns for mainstream and luxury brands
- Strong digital marketing skills and online strategy development
- Expertise in evaluating, selecting, managing and optimizing brand, creative, advertising and PR agencies and firms
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Stellar consultation, influencing and collaboration skills
- An open-minded, creative and innovative approach
- The ability to set up, comprehend and communicate detailed marketing analytics
- A high degree of curiosity
To learn more about Realogy and the accomplishments of our brands, log on to www.realogy.com . #LI-CH1
Realogy Holdings Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its hiring and business practices. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.