15,227 store client seeks CMO
Steve’s breakdown: If you have a possible replacement, you just might have a new client!
Here’s the position post for General Dollars’ Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
GOODLETTSVILLE, TN: Company Overview
- Develop marketing plan and budget in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Direct implementation and execution of marketing, advertising and promotional initiatives.
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements.
- Partner with merchants to ensure alignment with all vendor rebates/funding
- Provide comprehensive thought leadership on emerging marketing trends, including but not limited to, digital, social media, etc.
- Utilize direct market research, competitive analysis and customer behavior insights to inform business decisions
- Demonstrates ability to develop/lead the Company to a more competitive position.
- Demonstrates results-oriented leadership focused on remaining relevant in an ever-changing industry.
- Strong financial analysis skills sufficient to provide technical, operational and strategic leadership to management.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze, understand and help problem-solve complex issues faced by high-growth retailers.
- The ability to manage in a high-growth, rapidly changing corporate environment.
- Demonstrates ability to produce results by leveraging resources, maintaining tough expense management, and managing key initiatives effectively.
- Ability to effectively recruit, assess and develop personnel. Strong “hands-on” performance management abilities.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or advertising required. MBA preferred. Minimum of 10-15 years of retail leadership experience with 5 or more years executive management experience in a large multi-unit retailing company.