Following Up of a Desperate Pizza Joint
Steve’s breakdown: The ex-CMO of Peter Piper Pizza bailed on them in January and the company has since been feverishly trying to replace the guy with no luck. In fact, they are still excepting résumés and we suspect they probably could use some expertise right about now!
Even if it’s only for a project while they continue their search, it’s worth checking out.
PHOENIX, AZ: At Peter Piper Pizza, we build careers around great food and family fun! We’ve been a favorite gathering place for over 40 years.
Peter Piper Pizza is looking for a new Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). This exciting position will be in Phoenix, AZ and report to the President.
The CMO will be responsible for leading and bringing to life the Peter Piper Pizza experience, including the development and execution of Peter Piper Pizza advertising efforts. The CMO will serve as the functional head of advertising across all media; i.e., TV, radio, digital, print, promotional partnerships and social media. Balancing art and science, this person will have oversight for all communications to the consumer. The successful candidate will lead a group that determines what messages the company sends and how those messages are shaped. This individual will be the key contact for all creative and media agency relationships, and will oversee and lead creative development and effectiveness tracking across all communication mediums to support sales growth and overall business objectives. The CMO will collaborate with product marketing and menu development on the creation of the annual marketing calendar, including limited-time offers. In addition, the CMO will be a key member of the executive leadership team, contributing to the strategy and key management issues for the corporation.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build a world-class marketing team that will drive traffic and sales through impactful marketing programs that support company objectives.
- Build and enhance Peter Piper Pizza’s mobile and digital presence to attract new guests.
- Develop and execute the overall advertising strategy and communication architecture, including media strategies, digital/social media expansion, loyalty programs, gift cards and brand promotional partnerships.
- Ensure the Peter Piper Pizza experience is brought to life consistently with a common look and feel across all executions.
- Manage the agency roster, agency evaluations and agency-related best practices.
- Ensure high-quality creative products through management of agency partnerships and focus on expense efficiency.
- Own and manage agency briefing and execution processes.
- Manage involvement of key stakeholders (in the advertising development process).
- Drive and implement media-agnostic brand ideas across the business. Build metrics, and track media placement and effectiveness.
- Lead and develop team members by creating and communicating a clear vision for marketing and advertising within the business.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, demonstrating strong business and financial acumen required
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience in either restaurant or retail
- Ability to travel as needed
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States with ability to travel internationally.