Workout your recruitment muscles and win a client
Steve’s breakdown: Every once in a while we like to remind our members that when you help find a CMO for a client, you’ve especially won yourself a new client. Here’s one that could be fun and good for you 😀
The job posting is below:
Chief Marketing Officer of VASA Fitness
The Chief Marketing Officer (“CMO”) is an innovative leader with creative, strategic, and financial acumen coupled with strong business intellect who collaborates with our Senior Leadership Team (“SLT”) to develop our brand, drive enterprise revenue and profit goals, and take our business to the next level.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Builds our brand identity and serves as the guardian of it. This responsibility involves conducting research to gain a thorough understanding of our competitive landscape and stakeholders’ perceptions of our brand; establishing our unique value proposition and messaging statements; developing our brand’s creative elements; continually analyzing and refining these components; and ensuring adherence to our brand identity throughout our entire organization.
- Creates and executes tactical marketing plans that achieve revenue and profit targets. This responsibility involves establishing marketing campaigns with measurable and strong ROI in the areas of advertising, public relations, content marketing, email and direct mail marketing, social media, etc. The CMO will also be responsible for our company website, database management, product marketing and pricing strategies.
- Builds and develops a high performing team. This responsibility involves developing the right organization structure and attracting, hiring, coaching and maximizing the engagement of each member of the Marketing team, both individually and collectively.
- Identifies and partners with creative agencies and vendors. This responsibility involves deciding what services we need from a creative partner, determining our agency budget and selection criteria, choosing the right partner, collaborating with them and holding them accountable for pre-established deliverables, costs and timelines.
- Establishes, communicates, monitors and manages marketing KPI’s and financials. This responsibility involves collaborating with our CFO and Director of Analytics to develop the annual marketing budget and KPI’s.
The competencies for successful performance in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advanced business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal savvy
- Superior project management skills
- Organizational and political agility
- Influencing and partnering
- Unquestionable personal code of confidentiality, ethics, integrity, discretion and trust
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 10+ years of marketing leadership experience in high-paced, competitive business environments.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent is required. An advanced degree such as a Master’s degree in marketing is desired.
- Applicable / transferable experience ideally from the fitness, retail or restaurant industries desired.
- Proven experience building brands and executing tactical marketing plans that increased revenue required.
- Personal interest in health, wellness, fitness, and nutrition.
- Ability to travel and work on weekends occasionally.