Hardware company looks to make some moves
Steve’s breakdown: Lenovo is on the look out for a new CMO. Considering how many agencies they now use, one could assume there will be some changes made to the roster once the new CMO takes over.
The job description is below.
CHICAGO, IL: As Chief Marketing Officer, you will oversee the planning, development and execution of Motorola marketing and branding initiatives. The CMO’s primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, by driving global marketing and communication, advertising, Public Relations, digital and social media specially.
Our ideal candidate possesses tremendous communication and leadership skills, with proven success in traditional and innovative marketing campaigns across the broad spectrum of today’s marketing channels. We are looking for a leader with strategic, creative and financial acumen, as well as a strong business intellect to take our organization to the next level. We seek an experienced marketer with an entrepreneurial spirit who is able to lead and drive marketing and branding efforts to revive Motorola Mobile business.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing strategy that creates awareness, interest and demand in alignment with the business growth goals.
- Drive Motorola overall content and branding, working with Sales, Product and Lenovo Corporate Marketing team to articulate clear value propositions. Ensure consistent messaging for the organization internally and externally across all channels.
- Develop and implement effective multi-country brand marketing programs to drive awareness and usage. Drive ideas that can scale across countries, while advocating best practices.
- Overseeing all marketing activities across the full marketing mix.
- Optimize ROI by managing marketing budget effectively.
- Improve and overseeing the company’s loyalty program and CRM activities.
- Coaching and nurturing talent within the organization, while building a world-class marketing team from the ground up.
- Working closely with other senior leaders of Motorola on company plans.
- Bachelors’ degree.
- 15+ years of well-rounded marketing / business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility, with a focus on digital marketing, social media and CRM.
- Master Degree with a specialization in Marketing.
- Excellent communication skills both in written and in verbal form. Be capable of communicating complex messages in a simple, clear, unambiguous, relatable, and digestible manner to varying audiences.
- Deep understanding of traditional and innovative marketing strategies and a proven track record of creating campaigns and initiatives that will drive demand generation, growth and revenue.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passionate and creative.
- Multilingual (Mandarin or Portuguese)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.