Manifest seeks VP of Business Development
Steve’s breakdown: There are two jobs up for grabs at Manifest – Eastern & Central regions. The Eastern job post is below.
NEW YORK, NY: VP, Business Development (Eastern Region)
Manifest is looking for a stellar VP, Business Development to join our growing team – based in the New York office, covering the Eastern region. Our ideal candidate comes from a digital or integrated agency, and loves the ever-changing nature of this space. The candidate is entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, organized and ready to hit the ground running on day one!
The VP helps to develop strategic relationships with potential clients, guiding business development initiatives throughout the lead/opportunity phase. The VP is also the dedicated resource for RFPs and pitches, developing strategic RFP responses and materials, managing communications with prospective clients, qualifying leads, and working with multi-disciplinary pitch teams.
An ability to multi-task and prioritize is critical to the success in the role. Excellent communication skills are essential, as are strategic thinking, excellent written, interpersonal, verbal, and listening skills. This person will report to Manifest’s Chief Marketing Officer and will collaborate with Agency Management, Manifest’s Discipline Leads, and Account Directors on a regular basis.
- Proactively lead the identification, qualification, and overall management of potential client prospect list
- Manage end-to-end RFP process, from initial assessment of leads and opportunities through delivery of RFP responses and proposals.
- Work closely with our CMO to create marketing strategies and programs that offer clients solutions to their problems, and scale to significant annual revenue relationships
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts on proposal and pitch deliverables, interfacing with prospective clients, creating written RFP responses and managing pitch presentations
- Achieve annual sales revenue goals
- Lead and collaborate on proposals and pitch materials, including case studies, research on prospective clients’ business and brand, understanding and communicating the business and marketing challenges of prospects, developing an initial POV on prospective clients’ business, strategic presentations, and all written components of proposals
- Lead presentation and pitch approaches, from meeting logistics to presentation deliverables
- Organize, direct and arrange logistics for meetings and presentations
- Understand client business goals, strategic imperatives, and help the pitch team develop deliverables that represent the clients’ needs
- Actively manage relationships with prospective clients from initial conversations through the win, and ensure seamless transition of new business to Manifest Account Teams
- Prioritize a variety of projects on an ongoing basis based on business needs
- Collaborate with Manifest’s Marketing Director on Business Development materials and events
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Business Development, including substantial experience in a digital or integrated advertising/marketing agency
- Demonstrated success with quantifiable track record in helping agencies win media, technology, digital or creative assignments from major brands
- Excellent verbal, written, and client-facing communications skills
- Experience supervising and writing proposals and pitch decks, assembling agency capabilities/credentials presentations, with proficiency in PPT and Keynote a plus
- Passion for digital and innovation, and staying on top of latest digital and marketing trends
- Open to up to 25% travel
- Bachelor’s Degree
What We Do:
At Manifest, our purpose is clear. We make brands unmistakable to their audiences, through content that serves and inspires, on platforms that deliver distinct experiences and with personal impact that is precisely measured. Be conspicuous. Be unmistakable. Be Manifest.
Manifest is an equal opportunity employer. Manifest does not sponsor employment visas.