Telmate seek to call in new CMO
And if you can help them catch their next CMO, you’ll be on the inside to win the account.
Here’s the job description:
SAN FRANCISCO, CA: Telmate is looking for a VP of Marketing or CMO level Marketing Leader to join our team and help create and build marketing strategy. This professional will be responsible for overseeing the development of all marketing and design initiatives to promote our core products, and lead the marketing and design strategy of building the Telmate brand.
Below are 4 essential criteria we require all applicants meet:
- Strong Marketing Leadership experience within start-up environments in the Software vertical
- Very strong experience creating marketing strategy and initiatives covering: Social Media, Digital Marketing and Branding initiatives.
- Track record of success in building and leading a small technical marketing team
- Press Relations / Analyst Relations
- MBA from a top business school
Responsibilities: This role requires a broad set of skills that covers all areas of product positioning, promotion, product design, competitive and partner strategy.
· Work with our Recruiting Department to build a marketing team responsible for market analysis, product planning, program strategies, all aspects of sales, and much more.
· Be the primary brand champion within the project team to continuously ensure all marketing activities are optimally aligned with the business needs.
· Manage and coordinate all marketing activities, including web, social, press releases, newsletters, creative presentations, and industry events.
· Ensure deliverables meet standards of consistency and quality.
· Inspect marketing and design progress at the end of every sprint to accept or reject completed work.
· Develop and lead the program strategy for product releases, including launch plans, training documents & videos and sales collateral.
· Develop a product marketing strategy and drive innovation in product and process via design and market trends in web and mobile technologies.
· Develop and maintain detailed marketing deliverables in a prioritized product backlog that accurately reflects customer and business priorities.
· Collaborate with leaders in Management and Product Development to create business strategy and product roadmaps, identify gaps and opportunities for product marketing.
Required Skills & Experience:
· 10+ years of experience in marketing, brand/product marketing with strong customer focus within the Telecom or Software verticals.
· Confirmable high levels of project ownership, responsibility, initiative and the desire to drive significant performance results.
· Must have new product launch experience within online (SaaS) and mobile customers.
· Must have experience developing marketing programs for start-up companies.
· Strong experience building a social media strategy is essential
· Experience working within the Federal or State Government Channels is a huge plus!
· Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
· Experience collaborating with recruiting department to hire a team of smart, progressive and highly effective marketers.
· Dating and/or Social Networking product marketing experience would be a plus.
· 4 Year Degree (a degree in Marketing or an MBA would be a huge plus)
Telmate is the industry leader in providing unified communication, video conferencing, video messaging, SMS, online games, social networking, academic advancement, and more. We have offices in California and Oregon and bring advanced end-to-end solutions to government facilities of all sizes with nearly 200 installations across 40 states and 2 Canadian provinces. With a client footprint across the US and Canada, over 5 million users benefited from our product in 2011, and we have been growing by 40% every year for the last six years. Our products and services are at a point where other companies can’t compete with us in technology and cost. More importantly, our product offering provides a huge social value and helps keep friends and families connected