Family photo app reveals its marketing strategy
Steve’s breakdown: Tinybeans is a family photo sharing app that helps parents capture and organize their children’s life stories using photos, video, and written messages and now they are looking for a CMO.
Here’s the job description. Use it as a pitch blueprint.
NEW YORK, NY: Tinybeans is a publicly-traded tech company that is in active growth mode, continuing to invest in fulfilling our mission- to connect parents and their families with the most trusted tools on the planet to help them thrive. We feel fortunate to be welcoming more users to our platforms than ever before and playing an even more important role in parents’ lives.
With a platform reach of over 20 million users and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission to help families create real connections with each other and with tailored resources to help them thrive.
Based in New York, you’ll be working with an incredible group of people dedicated to thinking big and acting small; executing big ideas at a global scale leading the Tinybeans Brand and Marketing strategy, team development, and execution plans.
How does this role contribute to the mission?
Working closely with the CEO, you will have a significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the Tinybeans brand and marketing strategy along with editorial storytelling, own our brand vision and long-term brand recognition and scale our user growth. Tinybeans is on a mission to become a household name for parents to be the destination they use daily to nurture their children.
Who are you?
You are an exceptional leader and team player who has the ability to establish a long-term vision and inspire people at all levels, with the ability to segment, develop, and target the appropriate
audience segments, while optimizing the efficiency of the marketing budget.
Tinybeans is a place where you will be able to do your best work, with a product that touches people’s lives in so many ways, and a team cheering for your success! Creating exciting, bold, and engaging experiences, you will help Tinybeans not only to grow brand awareness but also develop fun and meaningful ways to connect with our audience.
How will you know you are successful?
- Directly responsible for tracking and improving key consumer metrics: CAC, LTV, Churn, Payback Period, etc.
- Be accountable for brand growth, web/app traffic and overall brand awareness.
How you can make an impact:
- Drive awareness and create an unparalleled, well-recognized brand and corporate identity for Tinybeans beyond the parent community;
- Develop an external strategic marketing plan and program, which highlights our target audiences, and leverage our recent successes to grow and scale the brand from being a startup company to becoming a recognized global brand;
- Lead and execute all brand marketing efforts across all channels including brand development, content marketing, social media, PR, influencer marketing, partnerships, advertising, experiential marketing, and other events;
- Lead all editorial and content strategy that can be leveraged to add significant value to our audiences for engagement, retention and new user acquisition.
- Develop and execute innovative, out-of-the-box brand building activations to build awareness, brand equity and drive user growth;
- Evangelize the company’s brand and product proposition and build a compelling marketing message to a community of parents;
- Develop key relationships with press and influencers, and serve as a face of the company in interviews and press pieces;
- Drive partnerships that enable user growth and reach for the Tinybeans community;
- Grow the e-commerce strategy and drive the growth of this relatively new revenue stream across the platform. Identify compelling and impactful strategies that drive the company’s consumer sales initiatives forward;
- Craft a strategy for conversion from free to more paying premium subscriptions and increase LTV;
- Manage brand portfolio, differentiating the brand and social content of TinyBeans vs. Red Tricycle
- Leverage consumer insights to inform ad, content and eCommerce strategy
- Bring strong analytical, big-picture thinking and leadership skills to develop marketing campaigns aimed at increasing loyalty, customer retention and the lifetime value of the customer. These programs must be delivered to the customer through the right channels, at the right time, with the best message to gain the desired results. The programs and campaigns should be tested and measured at critical stages to ensure maximum results.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Successful track record as a VP/SVP Marketing or CMO in the consumer technology space
- Experience with brand building and consolidating multiple brands into a single brand
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years’ of marketing experience in a startup, high growth, or medium-sized company (preferred)
- Team builder who has overseen a world-class global marketing team.
- Proven track record of user growth and engagement
What We Provide You With:
- Competitive compensation + yearly stock options
- Health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Generous time off policy
- Work from home flexibility (as a way of life beyond our current stay at home measures)
- Welcoming you to a publicly-traded company with a global reach
- A fun-loving team that supports one another like family