Health Plan seeks CMO & we have the road map for a pitch
Steve’s breakdown: MetroPlus in NYC is seeking a CMO and we have the job description. Which, as we’ve said at least 100 times, is a road map for a pitch to the client because their plan is literally spelled out. Plus, and as you can see, they do TV!
Here’s the Job Description
NEW YORK, NY: Marketing Statement
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a sharp, driven and experienced communications leader who will shape and guide MetroPlus’ important role in New York City’s health care landscape by building brand awareness and loyalty, strengthening community and stakeholder relationships, and ensuring all communications activities are strategic, cohesive and consistent with health plan’s business goals. The CMERO oversee our competitive positioning in the NYC market and deepen and expand our community relations. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Marketing and External Relations Officer (CMERO) is responsible for the public perception of MetroPlus Health Plan’s products, culture, values, thereby directly impacting company’s ability to attain strategic goals while providing leadership, vision and inspiration to a team of professionals responsible for (advertising, press relations, digital marketing, customer experience, community relations, publications).
As a member of the Executive Staff, this position is also expected to provide leadership and vision for the Plan and to provide direction for corporate-wide strategic and business planning, priority-setting and decision-making.
- Manages the Plan’s reputation by promoting people, insurance products, organizational and network services, and solutions
- Creates a favorable public image of MetroPlus through development of a strong corporate identity, brand and logo which strengthen organizational credibility
- Leads re-thinking and re-defining overall communication strategy with the Plan’s stakeholders
- Communicates research and recommendations to senior leadership and department heads as it relates to MetroPlus Health Plan’s products, brand, image, strategy and media spend, to plan effective communications that support business objectives, including matters of strategic corporate significance
- Devises internal communication strategy and reporting that is informative, relevant, timely, delivers on-brand content and messaging and supports high morale for the employees of MetroPlus Health Plan, through a variety of mediums and channels
- Leads an annual media plan detailing modes, activities and contacts to support and enhance positive visibility of the organization,
- Plans and manages communication and media budget
- Sources, manages, and prepares others to participate in, press conferences, interviews and speaking engagements that positively impact MetroPlus Health Plan’s strategy, work or relationships with other organizations,
- Supervises the production and distribution of press releases to targeted media, publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail materials, promotional videos, photographs, and multimedia programs
- Manages media agency to develop media strategies and plans that align with full funnel business objectives
- Responsible for campaign tracking, analysis, reporting, optimization, and sharing effectiveness of all campaigns
- Develops and grows direct relationships with key media vendors
- Oversees designs, management and updates MetroPlus Health Plan’s website and social networking activity
Community Relations & Events
- Develops public relations strategies and advocate for strong integrated campaigns based on identified brand image, across a range of audiences and markets
- Oversees outreach events, exhibits, conferences, and manages sponsorships that MetroPlus supports to gain public attention
- Oversees customer experience team
- Oversees community relations team
- Represents MetroPlus on appropriate local, state, and national trade groups, governmental and industry workgroups and committees
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate discipline such as Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field required
- Master’s degree in marketing or an MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of senior level experience in marketing, public relations, communications and media, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Experience managing media relations
- Familiarity with project management software, graphics programs, and video/photo editing a plus.
- Entrepreneurial and results driven leader with a passion for customer-focused practices
- Proven strategic thinker
- Ability to lead and manage successful marketing, branding, strategic communications and community engagement initiatives in today’s rapidly changing health industry, political and public health environment
- Political savvy to build and sustain relationships with many internal and external constituencies, including productive interaction with the media, board members and others
- Government, public health policy experience would be beneficial
- Strong sense of ownership and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Financial acumen and ability to implement low cost, high impact strategic communications projects
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity, transparency, and accountability in all actions
- Passion for customer focus and user engagement
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including exceptional writing and editing skills