JOB: New Business Development: Consumer Division via Recruiter
Steve’s breakdown: This job was found on Indeed and you can apply at this link.
NEW YORK, NY: Looking for a driven new business manager who will participate in generating leads with potential new clients across primary consumer industries for our large advertising client. Some consumer focus industries include Durable Goods companies (e.g. outdoor equipment, power tools, home appliances, furnishings and hardware), Automotive and Sports, as well. This role primarily will be focused on winning new business.
Ideal candidates have come from an agency setting themselves, and have proven success with breaking into some larger consumer driven accounts.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development & Marketing, the ideal candidate will work with other senior leaders in the organization to develop and maintain regular contact with prospects, partners and vendors to produce qualified leads and convert new business for the agency.
Prospecting: Lead generation
- Create and maintain a database of prospective clients using the agency’s CRM tool
- Conduct outreach and follow-up to key, prospective clients across Durable Goods, Automotive and Sports on a regular basis
- Leverage our agency marketing materials (e.g. case studies, thought leadership, events) and external Business Intelligence tools to reach prospects with messaging relevant to how our client can help them achieve their business objectives
- Track, monitor and report on all lead generation activities to continuously secure meetings with new prospects
- On a case-by-case basis:
- Drafting RFI / RFP responses
- Aid in the development of pitch background materials, including prospective client contact and business background research
- Support pitch deck development in partnership with Account, Strategy and Creative leads
- Attend pitches in-person
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an agency or professional services firm environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Dynamic personality with excellent people skills, especially with those at a senior level
- Strong persuasive writing abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates ingenuity in attracting prospects
- Quick learner, grasping the intricacies of our agency services and client work to apply to lead generation efforts effectively
- Travel domestically (10-15%)
- CRM system management
- Firm grasp of LinkedIn
- Either direct Account or New Business experience in an advertising, marketing or digital agency setting