Look who has a New Business Associate gig on their site . . .
Steve’s breakdown: Might be a little junior for most but what hey. People need jobs! Spread it around.
NEW YORK, NY: The Role
As the New Business Associate, you are high energy with great tech skills, an understanding of business, passion for marketing and the ability to interface with every level of an organization with confidence. You are familiar with how agencies, client businesses and how new business development works. You are organized, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and intuitively curious about marketing.
You are conducting desktop research for new business pitches and help build project plans. You immerse yourself in multiple streams of communications including email, client conversations, internal platforms like RT messaging (e.g. Slack), and conference calling. You are managing the entire presentation production for our potential clients.
During client pitches, you are conducting meetings, bring meetings to order, set objectives, and ensure all goals are met. You will ultimately run pitches independently and drive your colleagues toward activities that win pitches.
You are relentless but compassionate. You have strong points of view but are open to opinions. You are equally good at facilitating common ground as you are defending a great idea. When a faced with a barrier, you fearlessly find another way forward.
In other words, you are indispensable and THE person to have on the team – to clients and teammates alike.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 3-5 years experience in an agency.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Keynote, Photoshop, ID, Adobe applications and project management tools.
- An established track record of successfully coordinating new business initiatives.
- A proven ability to express self clearly and organize ideas well.
- The capability of presenting ideas/new opinions with confidence.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, and respond quickly as business factors shift.
- An ability to think strategically, creatively, and holistically about client opportunities.
- Have a passion for doing great work.