Senior Director, New Business Position in NYC
Steve’s breakdown: We like to spread the new business jobs love so here ya go! Apply below
NEW YORK, NY: The Mars Agency is a global marketing practice, specializing in marketing to shoppers, consumers and retailers across the ever-expanding omni-commerce environment.
Mars, proud of its independence and growth-for-clients focus, operates internationally across the Americas, Europe and Asia through its network of 13 offices. The Mars Agency is currently seeking a Senior Director, Client Leadership with a focus on Business Development.
- Play an integral part in driving agency revenue, winning new clients and work, and marketing the agency story
- Lead and manage the RFI submission process
- Play a key role in all pitch development including optimizing the creative/program development process by inspiring and partnering with l Creative and Strategic partners
- Help evolve and enhance the approach to new business development
- Identify industry opportunities and nurture potential client relationships
- Provide thought leadership, impacting/contributing to Mar’s way of doing business on an ongoing basis
- Act as a change agent/impact player from both an internal and external perspective – contributing to agency performance
- Develop annual business plan, setting short- and long-term strategic course for growth and pipeline
- Play a pivotal role in onboarding new clients with excellence
- Help identify best-in class agency work for case studies and award submissions
SKILL SETS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business, or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing or advertising experience, preferably agency experience in traditional consumer activities
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be self-starters with a deep sense of accountability, creativity, resourcefulness, and a desire to collaborate and step in for the good of the team and the agency.
- Dynamic personality able to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences
- A wealth of industry knowledge including current trends and business philosophies
- Motivational leadership, inspiring team to deliver top performance every day against assigned business
- Strategic thinking in the development of Commerce marketing
- Sound decision making skills based in agency, client, and industry knowledge
- Passion about business and dissatisfaction with status quo – always thinking of ways to improve/grow
- Demonstrate financial acumen across standard business accounting/finance documents such as SOW, income statements, balance sheets, and sales reports
- Strong listening skills and attention to detail
- Superior verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Some travel is required
The Mars Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, ancestry, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or handicap, HIV, veteran, marital or family status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and/or federal laws, except where a bonafide occupational qualification applies.
The Mars Agency has developed a wide variety of inclusive benefit plans and policies that address and promote the needs of all employees and their family members, including comprehensive group health plans, a parental leave program that includes paid maternity and paternity benefits for pregnancy, adoption and surrogacy, flexible paid time off, a broad and confidential employee assistance program, ongoing wellness support initiatives, trusted financial health advice and guidance, promotion of education through tuition support and assistance, and a flexible and supportive work environment and culture.