New Business Developer Job
Steve’s breakdown: Planet Propaganda is on the lookout for a new business person. Check it out!.
MADISON, WI: Planet Propaganda is a design and advertising agency in Madison, WI that conspires with high-integrity brands to upend the communication status quo. Our clients include national brands like Duluth Trading Company, Jersey Mike’s Subs, and J-B Weld. We’re seeking an entrepreneurial New Business Developer (remote / on-site / hybrid) with sales experience in the creative, advertising, or marketing fields..
Are you the one? You are energetic, confident, intrinsically motivated, charismatic, and a great listener. You have a high EQ, and feel empathy for the prospect’s situation, leading the sales process in a deeply human way. You’re resilient and handle rejection well. You know a “yes” is great, but a quick “no” is usually the second best answer.
You’re a social chameleon, an optimist, and a creative problem solver. You have an independent streak, but collaborate with the best of them. You’re proactive, giving relationships the extra effort needed to start and keep them strong. You’re most likely an ESFP or an ENTP.
You’ll be responsible for managing and coordinating our New Business efforts — seeking out and identifying prospective clients looking to challenge their industries with compelling work.
You’ll develop a pipeline of prospects in a CRM and connect and follow up with them through all available channels, from email and LinkedIn to cold calls and FedEx.
You’ll help develop then leverage New Business marketing materials such as case studies, landing pages, proposals, white papers, and more—collaborating and strategizing closely with our Communications Director.
You’ll develop a public persona and become an active part of the communities where our prospects spend time. You’ll actively make connections within them, along with Planet leadership.
- Strong communication skills: both written, verbal, and presentation deck building
- Experience in a Creative Agency (design, advertising, marketing, architecture, etc), or similar environment preferred
- 2+ years experience in a B2B sales role
- Bonus if you have experience in home improvement, outdoor recreation, or franchise restaurant sectors
- Experience using CRM software (e.g. Hubspot) and list-building tools (e.g. Winmo)
- Ability to build and manage a prospect list aligned with agency strategy
- Ability to vet opportunities against agency criteria
- Ability to conduct desk research to profile potential clients