Small GE Account Could be Yours with the right Connection
Steve’s breakdown: Getting to be a GE roster agency is a big deal and here’s one way to do just that. Read the CMO job description below – find someone in your network that fits the bill – they get the job – you get the account. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
WAUKESHA, WI: The Chief Marketing Officer leads marketing globally for two distinct Imaging Product Portfolios, X-Ray (across 4 product segments) and Women’s Health (across 3 product segments). This role is responsible for setting, communicating, and delivering a growth and marketing strategy across the global business. This includes share gain, successful commercial activation of current and future new product introductions (NPIs) and installed based growth programs.
In addition, this role is responsible for developing deep qualitative & quantitative insights about the needs, wants and performance of customers, identifying keys to our success, aligning strategy execution across all geographies and driving marketing innovation.
- In partnership with the Product Modality Leader, the CMO must develop and implement a coherent growth strategy for the modality
- Drive global orders/revenue and market share through leading global marketing, region and product management teams through the definition and development of global marketing plans across multiple product segments, including value proposition, positioning, segmentation, marketing mix, and aligning marketing execution across all geographies and market segments.
- Drive W2W operational rigor for new product introduction and full product lifecycle marketing (i.e. NCA process rigor, early region engagement, measuring success of marketing program investment).
- Own and drive the Marketing Commercial Activation process in both modalities in all product segments within the modality.
- Drive commercialization of NPIs and installed base programs into the regions.
- Create portfolio positioning, pricing & targeting to achieve market share growth objectives
- Partner with Region Product Marketing and Learning & Development teams to produce and at times deliver product sales training programs for the Product Sales Specialists
- Lead and coordinate strategic planning processes for the modality.
- Integrate with the necessary supporting functions to enable the success of global marketing plans including Marketing communications, Market and competitive analysis and the development of a digital strategy.
- Lead global marketing and product management teams in gaining customer insights from multiple sources, understanding customer wants, needs and problems and using those insights to evaluate the portfolio and drive actions to in product lifecycle planning to meet identified needs versus customer needs and competitive actions to identify opportunities.
- Create and drive global segmentation strategy and processes to target stronger value propositions for the business market segments.
- Lead, develop/coach and inspire geographically dispersed employees.
- Develop and manage processes and programs to increase customer awareness, preference and purchase intent (e.g., demand generation campaigns)
- Partner with commercial leaders to drive stronger commercialization plans
- Assess portfolio competitiveness globally across regions and segments, current and future anticipated state
- Actively solicit and share competitive intelligence
- Own global strategy for trade shows, show sites and customer visits
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Responsible for ensuring legal and regulatory approval of all marketing communications prior to external release
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Biosciences OR 15+ years of marketing experience including 6+ years of direct people management experience and 4+ years leading global teams)
- 10+ years marketing experience with at 3+ years of product marketing experience
- 5+ years of direct people management experience
- 3+ years of experience leading global teams
- 3+ years of experience in field or region product marketing experience, to include go to market launch and/or pricing experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skill
- Healthcare product/industry acumen
U.S. (Country) Specific Qualifications:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work out of any US City with travel as needed to Chicago and Waukesha
- Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- MBA, Master’s Degree in Marketing
- Demonstrated clear thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrated experience leading marketing across multiple complex and diverse product segments/geographies
- Demonstration of GE Leadership Behaviors; of Act with humility, Lead with Transparency, Deliver with focus
- Understanding of business and products
- Prior experience marketing across multiple Radiology or Imaging products segments
- Understanding of commercial processes and how to enable a sales team
- Familiarity with market research & competitive intel approach and process
- Product Management or Sales experience
- Experience running medical/customer/sales advisory boards
- Experience creating and leveraging thought leadership
- Prior experience in Customer Experience Management, leverage tradeoffs across customer needs and experience (feature vs. function, comfortable vs. cost)
- Experience developing service offerings – Installed base marketing or options and upgrades marketing
- Brand management experience
- Understanding of portfolio management/product positioning/segment strategy
- Proven ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Proven Financial acumen – budgeting, ROI calculations, basic finance understanding
- Knowledge of healthcare market
- Knowledge of Clinical/applications and technical specifications of MCT products
- Understanding of emerging marketing tools/trends & marketing automation
- Understanding full product/service lifecycle offering creation
- Ability to drive and implement change, including measuring and monitoring progress
- Conflict management especially within a matrix
- Experience making tough tradeoffs/prioritization with limited resources
- Knowledge of Marketing Commercialization process or other commercialization processes
- Ability to lead a horizontal, virtual team
- Tenacity and persistence to keep the business customer focused and market leading
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.