GE Energy Connections seeks CMO
Steve’s breakdown: The division is Industrial Solutions which is part of GE Energy Connections.
The CMO job description below will give more details on their marketing plan and how best to approach the company.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world’s first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility.
Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions’ product and service solutions add to GE’s broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. To learn more, please visit: www.geindustrial.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As the Chief Marketing Officer, you will:
- Lead detailed analyses of Automation & Controls’ (A&C) business development and marketing metrics to optimize investments
- Develop the company’s market-specific lead generation capabilities
- Develop global marketing communications materials including collateral and direct response programs, trade shows, and web / interactive / social media
- Build understanding of market/consumer intelligence, competitive analysis, and metrics
- Work closely with Product GMs to develop and execute dynamic campaigns that drive growth for their target segments
- Capitalize on digital marketing and leverage the latest technologies and processes to serve timely and relevant content to support buyer and customer needs
- Lead, motivate and build the internal marketing talent base
- Manage the marketing budget and drive strategic marketing investment planning
- Act as thought-leader and change-agent for the A&C brand globally, including: all aspects of branding, public image; marketing and advertising strategy; external communications; public and industry relations; media relations; sales campaigns, and marketing metrics
- Lead competitive / commercial analysis – win / loss, Statement of Work (SOW)
- Obtain cross-functional buy-in to secure budget and resources tied to market growth plan
- Lead the Trade & Marcom strategy for EC
- Partner with finance to drive the quarterly blueprint process and growth playbook
- Lead market analytics for EC (share, TAM/SAM)
- Understand and analyze global / regional regulations for growth idea identification and analysis
- Work with campaign teams on pre / post campaign debriefs, competitive intelligence assessment, and lessons learned
- Analyze emerging opportunities / threats with business implications and potential strategies using strategic analysis tool and process development
- Collaborate with an ability to generate enthusiasm, motivate others, and be innovative in accomplishing goals in a large, complex, multicultural and matrix environment
- Challenge the business to transform and use modern marketing techniques
- Lead with exceptional organizational, communications, and marketing leadership skills, including the ability to powerfully communicate customer, business, and marketing topics across market segments, products and geographies
- Gain the respect of peers, forge strategic alliances, and be able to influence peers across the organization
- Bachelors Degree in associated discipline
- Minimum of 15 years experience in marketing, advertising, communications, media relations or client relations
- Minimum of 10 years experience in leading a marketing organization of global and matrix scale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration with a Marketing focus or a related field
- Track record as brand-builder, driving winning market strategies within a complex B2B marketing function
- Leadership experience bridging and building synergies between Marketing and Sales functions
- Demonstrated partnership with business leadership to help shape the business strategy, influence senior executives, and challenge the status quo in a diverse and multicultural environment
- Strong business and financial acumen; linking an evidence-based marketing strategy to A&Cs overall business strategy