CMO opening at Arizona Central Credit Union
PHOENIX, AZ: Arizona Central Credit Union has an immediate opening for a Chief Marketing Officer. The ideal candidate will work to advance the Credit Union’s competitive position, consistent with its vision and mission, within the markets served. In addition, the candidate will develop objectives, policies and programs for marketing, public relations and community development activities of the Credit Union by planning, directing, and coordinating the efforts of marketing toward the accomplishment of overall objectives.
Summary of Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop, propose, gain acceptance for and implement strategic plans designed to meet the credit union’s short and long term marketing objectives.
- Design, develop, direct and implement marketing programs for the credit union. Evaluate results and make revisions as appropriate. Analyze market trends and demographic data concerning members and potential members.
- Prepare, implement, and supervise the budget for the department consistent with the overall credit union’s strategic plan and budget of the credit union.
- Hire, review, schedule, train and monitor the work of direct reports; conduct performance reviews; allocate resources to meet operational needs within the marketing and community development departments.
- Conduct market research and recommend product or service enhancements to provide quality member service.
- Oversee utilization of MCIF system for target marketing, promotion tracking, return on Investment (ROI) analysis, and member research.
- Write, revise, or edit copy for service materials, forms and promotional letters.
- Develop and maintain credit union public relations plan.
- Coordinate special events; monitor planning, schedule and implementation as required for proper execution of each event.
- Ensure regulatory compliance as it relates to the development of products/services and delivery mechanisms.
- Maintain an awareness of all laws and regulations, plus developments and trends within the credit union industry that may affect marketing and advertising.
Skills / Requirements
Candidate must have a minimum of 8 + years of executive management experience in marketing preferably in banking or the credit union industry and a bachelor’s degree. In addition, candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills as work involves extensive personal contact with members of the Board of Directors, community leaders, business leaders, and internal management team.