State University seeks CMO: We got the blueprint
Steve’s breakdown: Oklahoma State University is on the lookout for a new CMO and we have the job description. Use it as a blueprint for your pitch deck. Works ever time!
Nature of Work: The Vice President is responsible for strategic marketing, including development and execution of the OSU AA’s corporate sponsorship program, and operational oversight of the marketing & communications team (MarCom) and the membership team. The Vice President will utilize expertise coupled with an understanding of management and marketing principles to implement processes to enhance the business of the Alumni Association. The position requires innovative, entrepreneurial leadership from a person passionately committed to the advancement of the association’s core purpose.
Marketing & Communications:
- Plan, develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy including annual marketing advertising and sales plan to increase public awareness, and attract and retain members
- Oversee lifecycle marketing initiatives that builds loyalty and drives engagement
- Collaborate with data analytics team to analyze constituent data that will inform marketing strategy, including building marketing segmentation and targets
Corporate Partner Management:
- Develop and execute sponsorship strategic plan to include management of sponsorship inventory and valuation process and presentation/solicitation of corporate entities to maximize revenue and brand exposure.
- Collaborate with OSU Foundation regarding solicitation portfolio and OSUAA Corporate Partners Committee regarding strategy and relationship management.
- Plan, execute and drive marketing sponsorship integration across brand strategies and tactics through collaboration with third party agencies (as necessary)
- Manage relationships with corporate partners to ensure marketing deliverables are achieved in line with quality standards required
- Provide marketing analytics regularly to corporate partners to emphasize the return on investment and outcomes achieved through partnership
- Responsible for the overall strategic planning, development and implementation of the Alumni Association’s brand strategy, product development and market research
- Oversee the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing communications strategy that supports the mission and brand identity of the Alumni Association and the University.
- Comprehensive strategy includes marketing campaigns, website, institutional advertising, social media, all external and internal communications
- Effectively coordinates marketing efforts with university and campus partners to elevate the brand of Oklahoma State University and the Alumni Association
- Provide oversight and guidance to the membership team in the development and execution of membership strategy to ensure membership remains an active measure of constituent loyalty
- Ensure data-driven measures of success related to segmented strategies and team goals
- Provides global direction for OSUAA by developing short-term and long-term financial and operational goals in collaboration with Executive Management Team
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Lead, coach, develop and retain high-performance employees with an emphasis on developing capacity and facilitating employee success
- Establish and maintain goals and objectives for teams to successfully accomplish annual benchmarks (goals, objectives and budget)
- Provide excellent customer service to all constituents inquiring about Alumni Association programs and events
- Represent the Alumni Association at University entity events
- Collaborate with OSU Athletics and OSU Foundation to execute joint-venture marketing, including events and activities
- Perform other duties as assigned