Your next target: Joe’s Crab Shack
Steve’s breakdown: Ignite Restaurant Group is in search of a CMO. Last year they sold off Romano’s Macaroni Grill. And lastly, they seem to be doing generic seafood advertising for Joe’s Crab Shack that is not what McCann won the business doing in 2012.
Time to make the call.
HOUSTON, TX: Here’s the CMO job description
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will be responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing marketing strategies that build brand awareness and achieve annual operating plans. This position will develop and lead a marketing team with responsibilities to include brand equity management, menu engineering, product innovation, consumer insight, marketing communications, social media and public relations.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the CMO will work closely with the cross-functional teams to develop and implement innovative campaigns that are in alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Develops annual strategic plans with specific goals, strategies, tactics, and measurements that are in alignment with brand objectives and achieve sales and traffic goals.
- Drives short-term and long-term strategic product innovation programs to grow sales and traffic.
- Work with the cross functional teams to develop and deliver brand sales, traffic, and profit targets founded by data trends and influenced by economic factors.
- Develop menu and marketing strategies grounded in guest intelligence to drive improvements in media effectiveness i.e. radio, television, social, etc.
- Assumes ownership for food and beverage costs and menu engineering.
- The leader of brand positioning who provides direction to local restaurant marketing and approves all marketing strategies to ensure they are aligned with brand identity.
- Oversees the development, design, and implementation of programs developed by outside agency partners.
- Manages and reports on outside vendor costs, inventory, and/or funds received i.e. print collateral, nonprofit partnerships, etc.
- Marketing subject matter expert with a record of strong project management, including experience across advertising, PR, media, social media, email and menu engineering.
- A creative, dynamic and results-oriented leader who is highly experienced at managing high-performing teams and agency partners.
- Possesses strong financial acumen with the proven ability to provide insights and action plans based on analytics.
- Experienced in partnering with outside agencies and providing strategic direction.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of brand marketing, media planning, and strategic planning experience required.