Hotel Corp Seeks CMO: Find One/Win One
Steve’s breakdown: Below is the job description for the CMO job at Red Lion Hotels Corp. As we’ve always said, these job descriptions are like road maps to how to pitch the client. Plus, if you can help find a CMO – you win an account.
BTW: Red Lion has 8 hotel brands and I totally know this featured video is old as ass but who cares. Make a new one once you win the account.
DENVER, CO: The Opportunity
Our Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of an organization’s marketing and advertising initiatives. Reporting directly to the chief executive officer, the CMO’s primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
The CMO will work with all divisions of the company including global sales, lodging development, revenue management, distribution channel management and customer service. The CMO ensures the organization’s message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences in order to meet revenue and contribution goals for the organization.
As a senior-level marketing professional, a Chief Marketing Officer must be both analytic, creative and possess extensive knowledge in a variety of disciplines such as production, information technology, legal and finance. The CMO will also direct and coordinate marketing budgets in accordance to organizational goals.
Example work in this role:
- Create and own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for products & features. You will set clear objectives and goals, research and define target audiences, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure adoption. You will also conduct customer research and apply your insights to these and other initiatives.
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning, bringing it to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences. You will promote the company as an innovator to the press and public and oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our website, blog, and social channels.
- Collaborate and inspire across the organization. You will represent the voice of the customer within the organization, bringing your insights to cross-functional stakeholders across product, design, user experience, engineering, and executive leadership. You will also inspire and mentor a growing team across a broad set of functions including product marketing, partner marketing, content, and brand.
- Deepen relationships with key partners. You will nurture existing relationships with key internal and external partners, aligning on mutual goals and driving adoption through a variety of co-marketing efforts.
- Lead and inspire our marketing department. Identify talent needs, develop, hire, and manage a high-performing integrated marketing team and external vendors.
What skills do I need?
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing go-to-market plans for SaaS platforms, including targeted paid advertising, online and offline events, and content marketing (white papers, case studies, and blogging, etc.)
- You are a self-starter, organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize your work
- Strong analytic and writing skills. You are comfortable with data and analytics, and you can clearly communicate your results and ideas.
- Passionate customer advocacy. You are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Collaboration. You can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
A bachelor’s degree is usually required and an advanced degree in marketing or business (MBA) is preferred. In addition, you have approximately 10 years of well-rounded marketing or business development experience in positions of increasing responsibility preferably with in the hospitality industry- with a focus on marketing expansion- as well as three to five years of experience in a leadership role.
At RLH Corp, we give our associates a chance to do meaningful work, believe in accountability, and make the work we do count. We understand that our successes are due to our incredible people who embody the spirit of our core values:
- Act with heart
- Do the right thing
- Be adventurous
- Live authentically
- Embody grit
- Lift as one
- Pursue excellence