New Business Development gig in LA
Steve’s breakdown: We will be adding more and more New Business Jobs to our pages. Here’s one from Quigley-Simpson.
LOS ANGELES, CA: Quigley-Simpson is a full-service, fully integrated advertising agency located in West Los Angeles that specializes in communications planning, media buying, digital, social, search, mobile, analytics, consumer experiences, account planning, creative development and production. Quigley-Simpson is a partner Agency-of-Choice to leading tech start-ups and Fortune 500 companies helping to elevate and advance brand and business performance.
About the Job:
Are you looking for something that leverages your existing Account Management and or Strategy experience? Want to work directly with agency leadership and across all departments as well as jump into a variety of different industries and businesses? In this role, you will oversee all aspects of our business development process. You will work closely with our leadership team to set new business strategy and then execute with support from all agency departments. In addition to identifying and preparing for pitch opportunities, you will help market the agency via our website, social media, networking events, etc. You will also foster relationships with search consultants and other new business folks.
You’ve worked in Account Management and or Strategy for 6+ years with solid client experience. You have partnered with teams to develop strategic North Stars that guide communication ideas for clients. You understand the value of insights that inform creative + media decisioning. You are a natural collaborator and a people person. You can rally a team towards a common goal and like developing a process and/ or streamline existing ones. You are self-motivated and you take pride in going above and beyond and can always be counted on to get the job done. You are comfortable multitasking, and you can pivot easily between high-level strategy and the fine details. You are articulate and can tell a persuasive story in conversation, email or a series of slides. Speaking of slides and speaking of decks, you know your way around Keynote/PowerPoint, can jump in in a pinch to help with execution and you know how to write well!
• Help agency leadership develop new business goals and strategies; identify target industries and businesses to pursue based on geography, clients, budgets, existing or former agency relationships and creative potential
• Always staying abreast of industry trends
• Build relationships with search consultants, new business and PR specialists
• Ensure agency materials (website, social media, credentials presentations) reflect our newest and strongest work, and help set us apart from the competition
• Maintain a database of current, past, and prospective clients, other relative contacts, as well as past pitch materials
• Drive all aspects of the pitch process including initial research, RFI answers, credentials/chemistry prep, strategy development, creative concepting, internals, deck building, pitch rehearsals, final presentations and leave-behind materials; this includes managing deliverables, timelines, talent/teams, calendars and budgets